Echmap 93sv Plus coming undone in rough water from mount?

Talking about the quick dis-connect feature. The unit has come loose twice now and has rolled down front deck. Unit was snapped in / secured yet the unit became disconnected after hitting big boat wakes.
    Wires still attached to cradle but unit becomes free and luckily has stayed in boat- anyone else have this happen?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have not. I usually have a velcro strap that i'll wrap around unit when running but probably forget to put it on 90% of the time. As of today, i have not had the unit fall out of cradle.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Had it happen once. Popped out and landed on my lap. Thought maybe I didn't have it seated fully, but I've seen a lot of people talking about similar issues here.

4. Member
    This came up on here before the member suggested this Griffith Band Joes 6 inch. It's a 20 pack I got 2 packs so I would get 4 black ones work great they are on amazon

Mine has come off once also thank goodness i was able to catch it. I know use a bungee cord around it in rough water

6. Member
    Just donated one to Sturgeon Bay last weekend for this reason. Now I have a PS31 and GT 54 on trolling motor and no head unit. Been using it 2 years, first time it came off.

7. Member
    I had one come off last weekend. Thank goodness it floated and I saw it go in, otherwise I would have been forever looking for it.

8. Member
    Where is the quality control - its unbelievable this was not tested before release? WTF!?! Spend $1,000 for a unit that falls off every few trips- I don't get it...…..so are the bands the only solution- will garmin provide a remedy for this? Jeeeezzz!!

9. Member
    I have though more than once about gluing mine in with silicone across where the latch snap's into the head unit.
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

10. Member
    Ttt-is Garmin addressing this flaw? any alternative fixes other than using bands to Act as a safeguard to hold the unit in place?

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Had 2 of them and never once did they come off on loz as that lake will tear trolling motors and jackplates off.Just make sure you snap it in tight I always gave it a hard pull to be sure .

Never had one come off yet. I never take mine out of the cradle. Rain, sleet, snow, ice, over damn rumble strips at 80 mph, speed bumps that I didn’t see, white caps, 3 ft wind waves at Mohave. I can’t get them to come off or loose a connection. The percentage that come loose or off has be extremely low with as many of those units sold.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Just to be sure I did the silicone bands 7.5 inch Garmin Echomap 93sv.jpg

14. Member
    And it looks good too.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.