Question Oil Pump Problem

Help anyone?!

I'm not getting oil to pump up to the motor. I have a full tank of oil in the bilge, and have to keep refilling the reservoir on the motor. The pump switch is not working at that fill location either. Fuse somewhere? Check Valve? Bad motor somewhere? Pictures would help if anyone has been through this.

Scott

I need someone to walk me through checking voltage to rule out needing a pump.

2. Member
    There's a few components to the oil system but if the pump is running it could simply be a clogged filter on the remote tank. Check out this video it breaks down how the yamaha oil system works and is quite informative.

Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

3. Member
    You say that the pump is not running when you press the toggle switch. Key switch on. Have you felt that the pump is not running when the toggle switch is pressed or are you assuming that it is not running because of the lack of oil flow?

The pump is to have battery voltage to it when the key is on. A ground is provided by the toggle switch to make the pump run.

A common problem is the harness that runs from the motor to the remote oil tank. Disconnect and reconnect the connectors several times to see if that solves the problem. Inspect the pins and sockets on the connectors for any signs of corrosion.

The pump wires can be disconnected from the harness. Jumper battery power and a ground to the pump to see if it runs of not. If it runs the problem is not the pump. If the pump does not run the problem is the pump.

Yam, that's exactly what I'm saying. So I need to check the harness in the bilge?

Ok, Checked the harness in the bilge and jumped from battery to aux tank. Didn't hear anything. This means that pump is bad?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by countyrookie View Post
    Ok, Checked the harness in the bilge and jumped from battery to aux tank. Didn't hear anything. This means that pump is bad?
    Sounds like it. To be sure, I would disconnect the pump from the harness. Then jumper battery power and ground directly to the pump. If pump no workee he bugger stay broke.

7. Member

Sorry I've been offline for a few days. I pulled the reserve tank out and pump is GOOD...stupid wires that are right up behind that tank had come loose. Plugged them back in and gave them a good crimp. Thanks for your help guys!!

Scott

9. Member
    Thanks for letting us know the outcome! My pet peeve is when there is no response and we are left wondering wth!!??