Thumbs Up Pool 2 Fall Hawg Haul anyone?

Anyone ever fish the Pool 2 Fall Hawg Haul? This year its on Saturday October 5th. I've been fishing it for several years and its always a blast.

We won last year with 129.25" for five walleye, just short of the record by a half inch. If you're interested to learn more, check out the details and signup here: https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/com...awg-haul-2019/

Winners get their names immortalized on the walleye-shaped driftwood!

board.jpeg

Man, the "Griz" is some pretty stout competition. Congrats on the win. Is it mostly a vertical jigging deal or is trolling involved? Homey can't do the trolling thing.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Is it mostly a vertical jigging deal or is trolling involved? Homey can't do the trolling thing.
    Neither for us!! I think most of the winning teams are casting. I'm usually the only bass boat there lol

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    Neither for us!! I think most of the winning teams are casting. I'm usually the only bass boat there lol
    Maybe I should come just so I can follow you around to I get comfortable taking my bass boat out there on the river. Makes me nervous for some reason.....

5. Moderator
    Get a good map and learn to read moving water. "Nervous" water is no bueno. Gotta constantly watch for floating debris. Its like a game of "dodge-log" :)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    Get a good map and learn to read moving water. "Nervous" water is no bueno. Gotta constantly watch for floating debris. Its like a game of "dodge-log" :)
    That's what makes me nervous. I imagine the lakemaster maps aren't too accurate with the changes the river goes through year to year?

7. Moderator
    Lakemaster is good and helps you stay in the middle of the channel when things get wide and the buoys aren't where they should be. I can't tell you how many boats I've seen smack wing dams because they thoughts they were in the channel but weren't. Lakemaster outlines all wingdams and wingdams don't move!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drscholl14 View Post
    That's what makes me nervous. I imagine the lakemaster maps aren't too accurate with the changes the river goes through year to year?
    Actually, they are fairly accurate. The river doesn't change much. Water levels are the main factor.

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    Walleye
    Meh, sure, but beating walleye anglers from a bass boat at their own game =