Power pole blade pumps

I just purchased a couple used 10ft CM 1.0 power pole blades off BBC. I did notice that one of the pumps say BLD 8 as if it was for an 8ft blade. I was just wondering if there is a difference between an 8ft blade pump and a 10-foot blade pump?

2. Member
    I think i may have got taken on this purchase....

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    yes there is a difference in the blade 8 foot and 10 foot pump. The pressures are different. (due to a different valve body). An 8 foot will run off a 10 foot pump but a 10 will not run correctly off a 8 foot pump. I believe from the sounds of it you did. try to work it out with the seller or if all fails that route talk to AL. If you feel you were taken or mislead. pumps run close to a grand so you dont wnna have to buy one for sure.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-26-2019 at 08:30 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    8' Blade pumps have a different valve body then the 10' pumps.

I run 10' pumps on my 8' blades and have found its overkill. The guy with the 8' poles is going to find his poles may be quick yet the pump a bit noisy vs when paired correctly.

5. Member
    Is there a way, other than the sticker on the pump to tell if 8' or 10'? The other pump he gave me has a piece of masking tape where the sticker is supposed to be.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    You could pull the board out to see if it says 8 or 10 on it. Usually someone playing a trick isn't going to swap boards.
    You could sync your phone to is and see what the app tells you, again this would be related to the board
    You could drop the reservoir and send me a picture of the valve body This would be the only 100 percent way.

10' Poles with 8' pumps will deploy just fine however you will find they tend to get stuck pretty often in softer bottoms

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I do not recommend running 10 foot poles with 8 foot pumps. Vice versa can be done however as stated by Rich its overkill.. However that is not the situation your in. Did you try to talk to the seller?
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-26-2019 at 08:28 PM.

8. Member
    Yes, I talked to seller. He wants to make it right. What is a used 8' blade pump going to sell for? I did connect the other pump to my C-monster app. It appears to be a 10' pump.Screenshot_20190827-065958_C-Monster.jpg20190827_062023.jpg

9. Member
    I posted a screenshot of my app, if someone can verify the serial number as 10'.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    No idea what a used pump is worth used. Not a very common part number to sell. New with no remotes 795.00. I would say get what you can for it.

11. Member
    All my problems have been figured out. Power-pole customer service was awesome! I told them my situation, and they are sending me a new pump at 50% discount. I would also like to thank Kevin at KandK Kustoms and Hydrilla Gear for great communication and pricing options.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Any time

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Very welcome always happy to help out and thank you for your business Jason!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsyhog View Post
    All my problems have been figured out. Power-pole customer service was awesome! I told them my situation, and they are sending me a new pump at 50% discount. I would also like to thank Kevin at KandK Kustoms and Hydrilla Gear for great communication and pricing options.
    Awesome that Power-Pole helped you out when they did not have to. They are a great company to work with. I had an issue with the bushings on mine and they fixed me right up.