New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Question difference between 24 Raker and 25 Renegade??

What is the difference between these 2 props ,which has more bow lift and so on and should top end be better on one than the other and holeshot??? thanks for any info this is for a Ranger 300 series with a 150 Johnson fastrike no jackplate
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

24 Raker is a three blade prop that has a diameter of 14.5". Its know to be a good bow lifting prop and have good top end speed. This is typical for most 3 blade props.

25 Renegade is a 4 blade prop that has a smaller diameter than most other 4 blade props. It's diameter is 13.5". Along with a smaller overall diameter it also has a slightly smaller barrel. For this reason some people have to run a blow out ring because they will have too much exhaust venting on holeshot. Some boat/motors do fine without a blow out ring. Typically if you run a 24 pitch 3 blade you go down in pitch when going to a 4 blade. The small diameter of the Renegade will have a lot less resistance so because of the smaller diameter so you go up in pitch. The Renegade is known to have good holeshot and good bite. It's a prop that pulls hard and carries a load very well. This is typical of most 4 blade props and like most other 4 blade props they tend to be a tad slower (1-4 mph) than a 3 blade.

FYI Raker's come in even number pitch and Renegade's come in odd number pitch. You can get a Raker II in even and odd number pitch.

3. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Al, I've found that the Raker has better hole shot, bow lift and top end speed than the Renegade, but the Renegade will handle better if you get in rough water or fish a river system where you're doing a lot of tight turning at higher speeds. Having my Lowrance networked with my ETEC now, I've learned that the Raker gets better gas mileage when cruising also.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."