Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Mercury, Yamaha, Evinrude, Honda and Suzuki aren't pouring all that money into high performance outboards so they can sit in the warehouse. Bullet, Ranger, Nitro, Bass Cat, Ballistic, Phoenix, Skeeter, Triton, Falcon and Blazer aren't making 21+ footer to sit in the showroom... If the best angler in the world () don't need top of the line bass boat, they'll either be downsized or have their endorsement contracts cut.... As far as TV time if a guy is running don't show it... Sorta like when when Tom Brady's sitting on the bench after a 3 and out, they don't focus the cameras on him until the O goes back on the field, they focus the cameras on the field where the game is being played...

If the average person doesn't fish it's because they have no interest in fishing. If they did they'd be out there fishing... Watching the latest and greatest bowler throw strike after strike doesn't interest me in the least. Watching Jack Nicholas or Tiger on Sunday doesn't interest me either. I'll never own a bowling ball or a set of golf clubs because those sports don't interest me and no amount of TV time is ever gonna change that... Dan
    2 valid points!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Worst explanation of what happened that I have ever seen.
    For 50 years tournaments have operated where the fishermen are competing for entry fees that they paid. Much like if you went to work everyday and you and your co workers put money in a jar and at the end of the week the person who did the most work got the money in the jar. The company keeps all the money they earned off your labor.
    The fishermen finally decided if they were to ever get a piece of the action, they needed to form their own organization as so they did.
    If it fails they can just go back to the old job or change careers.
    In the mean time the butt hurt observers can keep applying cool cream.
    I completely agree with why they left. I get it and applaud them for leaving. It was time to do it. The format they chose to go to just sucks though. If they would have kept the 5 fish format in the BPT (while still doing the catch/weigh/release), and then they could have done their dinkfest In the MLF. They would have really have hammered BASS. Now they pretty much have split the viewership when they pretty much could have had it all.
    Last edited by catch5; 08-28-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I completely agree with why they left. I get it and applaud them for leaving. It was time to do it. The format they chose to go just sucks though. If they would have kept the 5 fish format in the BPT (while still doing the catch/weigh/release), and then they could have done their dinkfest In the MLF. They would have really have hammered BASS. Now they pretty much have split the viewership when they pretty much could have had it all.
    Agreed 100%.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I completely agree with why they left. I get it and applaud them for leaving. It was time to do it. The format they chose to go just sucks though. If they would have kept the 5 fish format in the BPT (while still doing the catch/weigh/release), and then they could have done their dinkfest In the MLF. They would have really have hammered BASS. Now they pretty much have split the viewership when they pretty much could have had it all.
    +1.

5. Member
    I think the penalty for weighing in a fish under a pound would be a good rule... Make them think about the ones that may be close. Kinda like that fish you measure and THINK it might make it...
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    Quadratic Scoring. Award points based on the square of the weight. Force some decision making.

1 lb = 1 point
    2 lb = 4 points
    3 lb = 9 points
    -
    -
    10 lb = 100 points

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Go by length limit for the body of water they are on would make it a lot more interesting.
    As was said it would kinda defeat the purpose of not letting them touch the carpet but I totally get your point and kinda would like them switch to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVon View Post
    Quadratic Scoring. Award points based on the square of the weight. Force some decision making.

1 lb = 1 point
    2 lb = 4 points
    3 lb = 9 points
    -
    -
    10 lb = 100 points
    noidea.gif I like it or some form of that.

8. Member
    If you don't like the format, there are two other tours to choose from. Some of you are proposing things the other two tours do. This tour chose to be different. Any rules changes should come from the anglers not the fans. Obviously people are watching if they're grumbling.

9. Banned
    I'm quite sure that Boyd and the MLF honchos are studiously poring over all these proposals and eager to implement your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    If you yell and scream several times it’s a GIANT bass It needs to be 3 plus pounds. Anything less you deduct the weight of the bass from your total.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    I'm quite sure that Boyd and the MLF honchos are studiously poring over all these proposals and eager to implement your ideas.
    If one musky is ever shown getting caught on any BPT broadcast, I'm taking credit.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    If one musky is ever shown getting caught on any BPT broadcast, I'm taking credit.

I hope to see one get boat swung and caught before hitting the carpet.

13. Banned
    I guarantee they are watching all the social media boards....this one included...

14. Banned
    I guarantee they are watching all the social media boards....this one included...
    And laughing all the way to the bank

15. Banned
    Oh, I have no doubt that they are, but they are probably laughing at all of the proposals.

16. Banned
    Oh, I have no doubt that they are, but they are probably laughing at all of the proposals.
    I agree. Most of them are wayyyyyyy out there

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Any rules changes should come from the anglers not the fans.
    That's something Boyd would say....you are him haha.

Btw, without the fans the anglers are nothing. After all, it's the fans that are the customers

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    That's something Boyd would say....you are him haha.

Btw, without the fans the anglers are nothing. After all, it's the fans that are the customers

Nah, all the housewives will be tuning in to see the guest referees like Ellen, Oprah, Judge Judy and a host of others.

Pretty sure the idea about being able to pick who you want to watch is coming down the pipe. Interested to hear what Duckett has to say about it on BTL, what is it, next Wednesday?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

20. Banned
    I have a couple jokes for them.

Non-endemic sponsors.

Housewives

Redchest will be bigger than Classic!

mlf /bpt is buying FLW!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast