Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Went to the dealer yesterday

Took a 3 hr drive to the closest Triton dealer yesterday to look at a boat similar to the one we going to order and man all I can say is im impressed! What an upgrade this is going to be the fit and finish and the standard features blew me away felt so good behind the wheel too. Pretty excited about the new merc v8 just gonna be everything we want in a boat. Fishing more of the larger lakes then we used to and there are days they can get really rough and we tired of getting beat to death. I just remember how nice my cousins cat was when it got like that lol. Posted the Tracker up for sale today so now playing the waiting game. Its been a great boat for the past 11 years and given basically no trouble from the boat itself I hope that someone else will get a lot more good use out of it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Banned
    3 hours is a long ride.

Yea it is lol. Not a lot of glass dealers near me other than one 60 miles away that just sells Nitro and Ranger which im not interested in. Any of the other brands gotta travel lol
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Banned
    Too bad you couldn't pick one up in Oregon and beat the sales tax.

Was a consideration. I searched dealers up there and nothing really came up. I will admit didn't look too hard. C&C marine in modesto seems to have a good reputation my cousin got his rt there.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Was a consideration. I searched dealers up there and nothing really came up. I will admit didn't look too hard. C&C marine in modesto seems to have a good reputation my cousin got his rt there.
    That's who I've used for installations and they do excellent work. I think they have a location off 80 in the Sac area too.

7. Member
    I'm not sure how far you are from Livermore, but Boatmasters is a BassCat dealer which is where I got my boat.

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Congrats and good luck on the new rig.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

9. Member
    re "avoiding the sales tax". I am pretty sure that if I buy a boat in another State (other than Texas) and don't pay the tax, Texas nails me for the sales tax when I license it. Other than the fact that Texas is a bit lower than some States, I can't really avoid paying some sales tax. This may not be true in all States, of course.

10. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    My dealership is ~ 2 hours away, in the great state of WV. You are required to pay the sales tax when you register it in your home state...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    re "avoiding the sales tax". I am pretty sure that if I buy a boat in another State (other than Texas) and don't pay the tax, Texas nails me for the sales tax when I license it. Other than the fact that Texas is a bit lower than some States, I can't really avoid paying some sales tax. This may not be true in all States, of course.
    Some states are required to collect sales tax in that state, even if you do not live in that state. You just take the purchase order to your local title transaction place and show them that you have already paid sales tax. If the sales tax is different in your state, then it is adjusted from there. I bought my boat in Florida, and I paid their rate sales tax. When I got back to Ohio I had to pay just a little bit more because Ohio sales tax was 3/4 of a percent higher than Florida

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    My dealership is ~ 2 hours away, in the great state of WV. You are required to pay the sales tax when you register it in your home state...
    Same here. Must pay at time of registration in your state. Now if the state you are buying from charges taxes of some sort they may be deducted from state you are registering.

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ll say this basstrackeroptimax, I had the same experience that you did when I saw that Triton! I went to one of Hez’s weigh ins to see if I wanted to fish in his club. One of the guys in his club has the boat you’re ordering but with the 2 stroke....dark grey with silver flake. I was drawn to that boat! Everything just seemed to be laid out perfectly and it looked damned good!

I talked to him for 10-15 min and he was a nice guy, gave me a full rundown of the boat and loves it. I knew then that my next boat will be that Triton but with the new Merc. I’m pretty jealous right now! You’re going to love that boat!

I told myself I was going to limit myself to a boat with a 175hp max when I upgrade so I don’t go speed hunting but with the Triton I don’t see a real difference between the 2 different 18 models...just the trx has the 200 rating so why not!?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

They are definitely well made and well laid out. I even crawled under the console and everything is ran and loomed nice. Just a big difference from what im used to seeing lol. My tracker is pretty good electrically and rigging only cuz i made it that way lol. The carpet was nice and thick and everything lined up nice and opened and closed easy. Pretty excited with everything this is the rigging package ive always wanted ie hydro jack plate bigger motor big graphs etc.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    BTO - I envision you as more of a Vexus guy, have you considered a Vexus?

Ain't hate'n, just say'n...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Naaa he doesn't remind me of a trailer king. However, being a Triton owner that would have him coming from same hood as a Ranger owner where the upper echelon's (i.e. Vexus owners) are not welcome.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 08-27-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

17. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Naaa he doesn't remind me of a trailer king. However, being a Triton owner that would have coming from same hood as a Ranger owner where the upper echelon's (i.e. Vexus owners) are not welcome.
    OUCH!
    Last edited by King_Fish; 08-27-2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Naaa... don't want to stir the pot
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    They are definitely well made and well laid out. I even crawled under the console and everything is ran and loomed nice. Just a big difference from what im used to seeing lol. My tracker is pretty good electrically and rigging only cuz i made it that way lol. The carpet was nice and thick and everything lined up nice and opened and closed easy. Pretty excited with everything this is the rigging package ive always wanted ie hydro jack plate bigger motor big graphs etc.
    Roy,
    My tournament partner has a 99 Triton 19 ft. That he repowered from a 175 Mercury EFI to a 175 SHO (added 100 lbs to the transom). He had fits trying to get the setup right. It was dog coming out of the hole, and when he got the hole shot decent, he could not get top end. The only way he fixed it was with a hydraulic jack plate.
    I know you are good about setup, and the hull design may have changed, but I was glad to see you got the hydraulic jack plate.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

No not really. Triton and basscat were really the 2 on my list. Possibly phoenix too. I knew we were gonna go with a 19 footer size with a 200 and the cat was a little steep for us. The triton fit us the best and will still fit well under our existing carport where the boat is now. I knew i didnt want another tin for sure and vexus doesnt offer any smaller glass boats. Biggest thing also now im
    Not bashing or anything but they just havnt been around long enough for me to prove they gonna be around for the long haul. This is too big of investment for us so im not willing to ride that wave and find out.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Roy,
    My tournament partner has a 99 Triton 19 ft. That he repowered from a 175 Mercury EFI to a 175 SHO (added 100 lbs to the transom). He had fits trying to get the setup right. It was dog coming out of the hole, and when he got the hole shot decent, he could not get top end. The only way he fixed it was with a hydraulic jack plate.
    I know you are good about setup, and the hull design may have changed, but I was glad to see you got the hydraulic jack plate.

Hydro jack plate was a must this go around. I wanted an 8” but all they offer on this boat is a 6” so just going to go with that. Looking forward to that feature alot. Getting an atlas with a gauge kit on it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast