Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    I fish with / against many Triton owners and they are all nice, solid boats, and fast hulls.
    If I ever went back to a glass rig, which at my age is unlikely, Triton would be at the top of my list...

Good Luck
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

2. Member
    Congrats, Enjoy.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Too bad you couldn't pick one up in Oregon and beat the sales tax.
    Would end up paying tax when registering, with car they do in WA sure Cali is far worst

4. Member
    When I read the title of the thread, it struck me as the opening line to a joke. A guy walks into a dealership, then walks out happy and divorced......
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWLipRipper View Post
    Would end up paying tax when registering, with car they do in WA sure Cali is far worst
    Yes if you buy out of state they will still be after the sales tax. Same with online purchases too. My tax guy informed me of all that this year i guess they really cracking down on that now. They were losing too much revenue.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Congrats on the future new rig!

Be sure to put a Merc Monitor or something similar on that thing for when you're playing around with that new jack plate! Looking at a glass boat myself so it'll be interesting to hear your take on making the switch.

Mercmonitor is a must. I wouldnt be without one on any merc after having it on this one. I dont have any doubts that im gonna like it so much better. Lol
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Congrats on your new boat. Tritons are great boats. Someday I'd like to go glass again, I'd love to own a Phoenix 618/175hp combo.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Mercmonitor is a must. I wouldnt be without one on any merc after having it on this one. I dont have any doubts that im gonna like it so much better. Lol
    Look into the SC1000 gauges. I've had them on three boats now, including the SC1000 tach on my current RT188. They give you sooooo much information, especially when NEMA into your GPS. As much as you like playing with technology I think you would really enjoy that upgrade. On the two Cats I could really dial in what was my best cruise speed for MPG, etc...using those gauges. That was not such a big deal on the boat with over 50 gallons of gas LOL. It is not uncommon to run 40 miles each way around here in a tournament. I don't have all that set up on my little 115 4S, don't fish tournaments anymore plus I am not sure I could run the tank dry in a day with the little 115. I found with the Cats the best cruise speeds were either pretty close to WOT OR you dropped to about 30 MPH if memory serves me right. The old adage of running 4500 RPM's to save fuel didn't fit those hulls the way I had them set up. Anyhow, just an idea.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Look into the SC1000 gauges. I've had them on three boats now, including the SC1000 tach on my current RT188. They give you sooooo much information, especially when NEMA into your GPS. As much as you like playing with technology I think you would really enjoy that upgrade. On the two Cats I could really dial in what was my best cruise speed for MPG, etc...using those gauges. That was not such a big deal on the boat with over 50 gallons of gas LOL. It is not uncommon to run 40 miles each way around here in a tournament. I don't have all that set up on my little 115 4S, don't fish tournaments anymore plus I am not sure I could run the tank dry in a day with the little 115. I found with the Cats the best cruise speeds were either pretty close to WOT OR you dropped to about 30 MPH if memory serves me right. The old adage of running 4500 RPM's to save fuel didn't fit those hulls the way I had them set up. Anyhow, just an idea.
    IMG_7228.jpg

Vessel view link has the ability to show some decent info.

11. Member
    That looks good B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12