Thread: Running Rayburn

Running Rayburn

Is it clear running from Twin dikes ramp to 147 bridge area, also how far a run is this...thnx.

2. Banned
    It’s a long damn way and you better hope the wind doesn’t pick up when your up there cause it will be a M F’er getting back. Pretty clear until we got to the Black Forest and ran both sides of it. Lance Vick boat lanes would be a cheap investment and marks many of the hazard areas. If Lufkin weather says 10mph it’s blowing 20 at the lake, so take that into consideration.

3. Member
    There's a couple areas between there you better know or it could be bad. Black Forest in particular.
    I'd recommend getting with someone that knows that run and mark a trail.
    It's around 18 miles from TD boat ramp to the 147 bridge, so about 15 minutes or so on a nice day.

Might just trailer up there than, what would be a good secure ramp to launch at near the area.

5. Banned
    Castle Boykin is where we unloaded before, it there at the 147 bridge.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutoy View Post
    There's a couple areas between there you better know or it could be bad. Black Forest in particular.
    I'd recommend getting with someone that knows that run and mark a trail.
    It's around 18 miles from TD boat ramp to the 147 bridge, so about 15 minutes or so on a nice day.
    Amber Forest near Harvey Creek is another. There is a stump that you can see depending on the water level close to the five fingers area ... looks like a 55 gallon drum bobbing out there. It is a long haul like others have said. A good north or south wind can make the ride rough. I've trailered to Cassells-Boykin a couple of time and also trailered to Caney Creek ramp once to fish there and Veatch when the wind was howling.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 08-25-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Good advice , thank y'all for your input.

8. Bobby8
    Some good videos on hazards on youtube by Ken Smith.

North end of Veach or North end of Caney, from either you should run the sides of the lake. The middle of that is the forest, it currently looks pretty clear, but its not. When u get up to Harvey on the right side u need to know where you are going to get to the bridge.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Don’t run north of the bridge. You really need to know the lake well to run there.

11. Member
    If a hard north wind is blowing it is better to launch at Caney Creek. Stay away from the old Cassells Boykin boat ramp trying to launch in a hard north wind. There is a new ramp there and I haven't launched there with a North wind so I don't know the conditions on it. You might be able to launch there but the run back to the 147 bridge will not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Is it clear running from Twin dikes ramp to 147 bridge area, also how far a run is this...thnx.
    That actually hits as a silly question!! The lake is huge & if you don't know it, you may be screwed!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Take as much advise as you can & count on something going wrong!!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/