Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I detached the retina in my left eye. After the surgery I had to have prescription lenses. I finally bought some last year at the FLW cup last year. Costa put my script in them. They made a mistake on the no line Bifocals and had to send them back. They remade them at no charge. I’ve been very happy with them.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

One thing is distortion. Read a eye exam chart with cheap vs more expensive. You'll see the difference. Good sunglasses typically last me 5 to 6 years in this FL heat and I take care of them. Buy some with a lifetime warranty (from a authorized dealer) and they will replace or pro rate a new pair after they have stretched significantly or become unwearable.

3. Member
    I have several pairs each of Costas, Maui Jim’s, Oakley’s and Revo and have owned countless pairs in the past. I do love high end sunglasses. You can’t go wrong with any of them. My current favorites are the Oakley Prizm carbon fiber. The pairs I probably wear the most are both Costas. Optical quality, I would put Oakley Prizm and the Revo’s at the top. They are all great AND worth the money.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    I have several pairs each of Costas, Maui Jim’s, Oakley’s and Revo and have owned countless pairs in the past. I do love high end sunglasses. You can’t go wrong with any of them. My current favorites are the Oakley Prizm carbon fiber. The pairs I probably wear the most are both Costas. Optical quality, I would put Oakley Prizm and the Revo’s at the top. They are all great AND worth the money.
    What I currently have on the boat is a polarized Oakley with the prism lens. I don’t recall the model. The vision is good, and I like the fit, but the irritate the top of my ears by the end of the day. All plastic ear pieces without rubber.

If you want quality then get Maui Jim, if you want to be part of the cool crowd get some Costa's and a Yeti...
    I do have some Yeti stuff LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    If you want quality then get Maui Jim, if you want to be part of the cool crowd get some Costa's and a Yeti...

My Costa’s fit better than the MJ’s. I couldn’t care less what anyone thinks.

7. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post

I agree! I have about every brand of high end sunglasses known to man.

Maui Jim is my favorite pair.. second best for me is Viscous. The rest are about equal.

Smiths and Costa would tie for third.

They are all great glasses, some work better for others(my disclaimer)

8. Member
    Maui Jim make the best lenses, Costa gets their high end lenses from them. Just find a good dealer and try them on until you find what you like best.

9. Member
    Just do it...take of em and you'll mess around and buy another pair for different water and light conditions lol

I have 3 pair lol...one is 10 years old
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

10. Member
    Bought two 580G Fantails for half of the price ($120 each). It's worth it !
    My wife got her own Costa and she loves it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfanpa View Post
    Maui Jim make the best lenses, Costa gets their high end lenses from them.
    I believe that is incorrect. MJ is not making Costa lenses. Costa is part of Essilor/Luxxotica

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I believe that is incorrect. MJ is not making Costa lenses. Costa is part of Essilor/Luxxotica
    yep and MJ gets their lenses from them........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

13. Member
    I didn’t realize that Costa’s were status symbols. I just buy what works for my big head and gives me good coverage. I have two pair and got them direct from Costa on sale. I like em a lot! I wonder if I’ll get noticed by the elites now that I know I’m a Costa pretty boy? NOT!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    In my own opinion they are worth every penny. I can tell a difference. My wife believed there was no difference in sunglasses till a few years ago when I v=bought her a pair of Costas. She now owns 3 pair and will not wear anything else.

You will get years of use out of them if you take care of them. Costa repair and warranty service is top notch if you ever need it as well.

Much like good shoes I will not skimp on sunglasses. My eyesight is too precious to go cheap on. Only got one pair of peepers that God gave me. I want them to last.
    Agree 1000%. I have both poly and glass lenses and they are both exceptional.

15. Member
    Absolutely worth the money. I have had two warranty claims. One of them because I stepped on the glasses and broke them. I called the customer service folks and fessed up. They laughed and said send them in so they could look them over.

Got a new pair for $20.00. Customer service is too notch.

16. Member
    I switched from S11 to Costas at the beginning of this year. I have a pair of 580p and 580g and they both are fantastic. I would suggest going somewhere and trying them on first because they all fit differently, then look online for better prices. While looking on YouTube for reviews on Costa, I found this video and thought it was really interesting.

I prefer kaenon’s over Costa’s, Oakley and Ocean waves. Maui Jim’s would still be the very best! I’ve had cancer removed from the edge of my eyelid and the bridge of my nose. I’m can’t afford to lose anymore skin so I spend money on Sunglasses. If I don’t drop them overboard they will last many years. Get glasses that fit and feel good on your head.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

18. Member
    They're with it. From their customer service to the glasses themselves being very well made.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I prefer kaenon’s over Costa’s, Oakley and Ocean waves. Maui Jim’s would still be the very best! I’ve had cancer removed from the edge of my eyelid and the bridge of my nose. I’m can’t afford to lose anymore skin so I spend money on Sunglasses. If I don’t drop them overboard they will last many years. Get glasses that fit and feel good on your head.

Kaenons are great as well. They discontinued the frame I really liked though. Great sunglasses and very underrated.

I've always had decent sun glasses Ray Bans and such but never Costa. With age the warranty on the eyes went out along with the 20/20. After dealing with good clip on's for a few years I pulled the trigger on some RX Costa's. They are probably the best I have ever had and on the water work very well. Green mirror glass is what I ordered.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast