Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Expensive sunglasses?

So I am toying with the idea of getting a pair of Costa's but I'm curious if the guys that have them truly think they are worth the money. I have been an s11 sunglasses guy now for a few years and can usually get at least a full year out of a pair. Now I'm looking at pair #3 and am realizing I will have spent $120 on them in total. Yes Costas are more obviously but what can I expect to get for life expectancy? I dont mind paying for quality at all, just dont like paying good money to be part of the cool crowd with crappy overpriced items. Thanks adam

In my own opinion they are worth every penny. I can tell a difference. My wife believed there was no difference in sunglasses till a few years ago when I v=bought her a pair of Costas. She now owns 3 pair and will not wear anything else.

You will get years of use out of them if you take care of them. Costa repair and warranty service is top notch if you ever need it as well.

Much like good shoes I will not skimp on sunglasses. My eyesight is too precious to go cheap on. Only got one pair of peepers that God gave me. I want them to last.

They are worth the money. Not only do they have high quality gear, but their customer service and warranty program is second to none in my experiences. Again...worth every penny.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

4. Member
    Have four pair. Worth every penny

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    i was a hold out forever until my wife got me a pair of costa 580g for my birthday afew years ago..
    she had heard me talking like you lol!!!

i will now never buy anything else,, the quality and clarity is second to none..........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    I have 2 pair of Costas and will likely add another.

Also have a pair of Wiley X but like the Costas better.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    They'll pretty much last forever if you don't lose them or scratch them up by using a shirt or whatever. Just use the right cleaning stuff and you're good.

You'll see much better too.

8. Member
    Worth the money? Yes.
    If you lose 3 pair like I have.....no.
    I just buy the cheap SK now and dont feel so bad when I lose them.

Note: I'd lose mine while going down the lake and turn to check behind me. Lol.
    Go Gators!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OsageJoe View Post
    They'll pretty much last forever if you don't lose them or scratch them up by using a shirt or whatever. Just use the right cleaning stuff and you're good.

You'll see much better too.
    Great advice^^^^^

Yes. They are worth the $. Treat them right, get a lanyard (glasses on the hat look kewl, but send them to the bottom). My Costas are 8 years old and look like new. The clarity is better and no more sore eyes or headaches. Some think that the wally world plastic shades are just as good. I let them keep on thinking that.

11. Banned
    What would be a good frame and lens color? I like thin wire framed for my readers.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    What would be a good frame and lens color? I like thin wire framed for my readers.
    They have a sizing and model reccomendation feature on the Costa site. Its pretty accurate. I know they have added more wire frames as of late.

I prefer the poly lenses over the glass and prefer the grey mirror lenses for daily wear like driving etc, blue mirror most of the time when fishing and if sight fishing I use green mirror.

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Try ‘em, you’ll like ‘em.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    Yes yes and yes. I was amazed what I could see in the water I could not without them.

15. Banned
    Worth it. Buy them and be sure to buy the Costa brand (wire) keepers or whatever theyre called. The things that attatch to the end of the arms so you can hang the glasses of your neck when not in use. I would lose glasses every few months before I bought these...now Ive had this pair for over 2 years and prolly closer to 3-4 years just cant remember when I bought them. The costa wire ones are real good cuz they arent intrusive. The look might be a little old guy style....but its also pro fishermen style! so thats what I tell myself when my normie friends make fun of the glasses hanging off my neck! lol They dont know how bad ass I would look if I was at a fishing tournament instead!

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Go to a place and try them on. Fit makes a huge difference in comfort and how they keep light from sneaking in through the sides. Try different brands to see what feels best. If they let you, have them take a couple pairs into the sunlight to decide. The gal at BPS took 3 pairs out and I picked the Costa’s. MJ and Smith’s were the other 2. The Costa’s fit best for me.

17. Banned

18. Member
    I like my costas.
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    They are worth it but quality is starting to go down. I've got a pair, cant remember which model, that the u-shaped rubber nose piece fell off with a couple months. I bought my wife a pair of aviator style and within a couple days the rubber nose pieces fell out one she lost and one she found and was able to pop it back in but it keeps coming out. I have another pair corbinas that the rubber around the inside of the lens is coming separated. Needless to say I have 5 pair that need to go in for warranty work although one is my fault because they slipped off my head and landed on concrete knocking both lenses out and chipping one, they are Rx and need to be repaired so it's not a warranty thing on those just my fault.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    Go to a place and try them on. Fit makes a huge difference in comfort and how they keep light from sneaking in through the sides. Try different brands to see what feels best. If they let you, have them take a couple pairs into the sunlight to decide. The gal at BPS took 3 pairs out and I picked the Costa’s. MJ and Smith’s were the other 2. The Costa’s fit best for me.
    This X2! My son had a hook up from a friend to get 50% off from a local place. They didn't have what I wanted in stock. So I chose what looked like I what I wanted from online looking. Their great for clarity and color but way to much light from sides amd top corners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast