Smartcraft differences?

2019 Pro XS 200 hp. S/n?????. Will edit when I get home

What is the differences between Mercury-Mercruiser 98-8M0151748 NMEA 2000 SmartCraft Gateway

And
    Mercury Boat VesselView Link Module 8M0109594?

2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

Forgot this...
    running lowrance hds gen3 at console

3. Member
    Check the SmartCraft section of the FAQ:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=570238

then let us know your questions

The VesselView link is going to allow you to get a full function VesselView screen on your HDS
    The gateway will let you read engine data onto the HDS, but in the Built In Lowrance “Instrument Panel”

You Tube has some good vids of VesselView Link in action
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

how much more does the vessel view show?

5. Banned
    I have the VV link. The screen i have for instruments shows: speed, rpm, water press, water temp, throttle percentage, oil press, voltage, and something else. if I remember correctly, they can be changed to any monitored parameter.

I have the gateway hooked to a garmin and it’s awesome all the data you can get live on screen

7. Banned
    IMG_7228.jpg

Photo of the instruments I have displayed on Live 9 with vessel view link.

8. Member
    The big difference between the two is the the Gateway only SHOWS information on the display unit via NMEA2K whereas the VesselView Link allows you to use your display to CONTROL and SHOW information. You get functions for auto-cruise, troll control, SmartTow (if you do water sports), Auto-Trim functions (if you have the additional module), as well as controlling the sound on one of the new Mercury V8 Verado models. Hope that helps.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please update required info.

I would not even consider the "gateway"- you will definitely want to look into the Vessel View LINK.

If you drop Rhonda an email (see her post, pinned at the top of the Forum), she can send you a lot of useful info (as well as special BBC member pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Does anyone have a pic of what the VesselView Link display looks like on a Garmin MFD? If I recall correctly, I believe I’ve heard others say it’s not a very nice image/display compared to what it looks like on Lowrance MFDs.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shewstring View Post
    The big difference between the two is the the Gateway only SHOWS information on the display unit via NMEA2K whereas the VesselView Link allows you to use your display to CONTROL and SHOW information.
    The Smartcraft Gateway doesn't "show" anything, it simply converts the proprietary Smartcraft "language" so N2k devices can read and display values.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    The Smartcraft Gateway doesn't "show" anything, it simply converts the proprietary Smartcraft "language" so N2k devices can read and display values.
    +1

Essentially a "Translator" that sends "Raw Data" out on NMEA-2000.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor