Help w 1988 Ranger 375V

Boats in nice shape, bought it mid summer, dropped it in the water 2 weeks ago. It was fine sitting at my dock for 2 weeks until yesterday when I found it full of water up to the drivers seat and outboard motor just above water. Managed to pump out the water with an electric pump and got the bilge pump to stop pushing out water. Then I ran it over to the boat ramp but it was still taking on water as I drove because I had to keep running the bilge pump. I'm wondering where to start looking first? So far I can not see anything wrong with the hull. I'm wondering since its 30+ years old if a seal went bad. The only thing weird that recently happened recently was the front bilge pump went out a few days ago before this happened. I'm wondering if my 24 year old left it on when he cleaned up the boat last weekend when we came in. Just looking to get in back in the water for a month and then pull it out and fix it all since I only have a month left of decent weather. Any helpful advice on where to start or even a link would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete

2. Banned
    I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your hull. I would first check your livewell plumbing, through hull fittings,valves and drain plug ect.. More than likely one of those just came apart or a clamp rusted out.

I had a 1980 Ranger that had pot metal livewell valves. One rusted out on the bottom and let the boat fill with water.

3. Member
    I will try that thank you! I'm guessing Cabelas down the road can help me out on parts, closest Ranger dealer is 90 min one way.

4. Banned
    Yeah, All the stuff you might need is just everyday common boat hardware/parts, nothing "Ranger Brand" specific. Good luck !

5. Member
    I had one of the conections on the front live well plumbing come off on my 373, allowed water to get into the boat. It was a son of a gun to get to but an easy fix.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

6. Member
    I’m betting one of the live well drains rusted out on the bottom. I had similar issue years ago with a 375v.

7. Member
    Thanks guys, how to I get to the livewell plumbing? Going to look after work today, thanks again.

8. Member
    On mine I had to remove battery behind driver and there was a plate held by four screws. Remove the plate to access the drain valves.

9. Member
    I went with plugging up all the holes with drain plugs for now to keep fishin one last month. No auto livewells but its okay. Ill get to it this Fall. My Minn Kota 3 bank charger seems to be charging batteries but the display says check connection on two and thr other one is yellow/charging. My volt meter is reading 12v on each battery. I ordered a new Minn 3 Bank but wondering if I can fix this one for my other boat. Rep at Minn Kota told me over the phone its basically shot bc their chargers are meant to be submerged underwater. The model is MK300D. I never had my boat almost sink but thought these chargers were waterproof. Guess Not is what Im learning.