Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roni3 View Post
    Please tell me they do. I have the three across seating on the front deck, because I like to crappie fish some. I am constantly moving seats around, and so far I have had zero luck in doing so. They are way too tight. I had to use a pair of channel locks to remove one of the front seats and it scared up the post from gripping so tight. So far this is by far my biggest beef with the boat. I have even tried silicone spray as some have suggested, but it hasn't worked for me.
    when I get the dam things out I’m taking some sand paper to it. I can’t get my cover on all the way with the seats on.

2. Member
    I got out in my 1980 for the first time in quite awhile as I took a break during the hot weather. The auto plug worked well to put it all the way in with the two bumps until it seats. When I turned it back to unplug it at the end of the day it stayed plugged. I used a small flat head screwdriver to open it up. Hopefully it will loosen up and I may grease it again to see if that helps. It was probably a smart move by Vexus to change the location of this control to the splash well in the 2020 AVX boats as it may work better with the shorter cable. Not a big issue though as we had the best day out on a normally very crowded Chickamauga Lake, and were able to fish everywhere we wanted to fish. That hasn’t happened all year, and it’s another reason we love the fall.

Update #1:

I sent a message to Flow-Rite and Aaron suggested I take the control loose at the console to see if the wire is bent. I will do that tomorrow, as my wife and I had to take a trip to the Dairy Barn in Athens, TN to get one last dairy treat before it closes for the season. I also ordered some silicone grease made for o-rings as some others on the BBC forums have solved their problems by using it on the plug.

Update #2:

Bent control cable!

C42EFA2F-F7D2-40EF-823C-BA41DF479903.jpeg
    Last edited by Jimbug; 09-27-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    ^^^^This^^^^. Once you hit the first stopping point, you need to push the lever a little further for it to fully seal. All of us had the same issue initially. Out of simple paranoia, I always take a quick look to confirm it is sealed(many years ago I forgot to put the plug in). So this is something I double and triple check.
    hi guys,
    i continue to take water in boat...have sealed drain plug tight and been to dealer.
    any thoughts.
    avx189
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    hi guys,
    i continue to take water in boat...have sealed drain plug tight and been to dealer.
    any thoughts.
    avx189
    thanks

How much water are you seeing in the boat? Over how much time?

I assume the dealer didn't find anything?
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Update #2:

Bent control cable!

C42EFA2F-F7D2-40EF-823C-BA41DF479903.jpeg
    Dang!! I figured the wire would be harder than that ...

6. Member
    I'm still interested to know if anyone has had luck moving the seat pedestals around. I have to figure out something. When I have two seats up front to crappie fish, I have to move the one on the port side in order to pick up the trolling motor. They are difficult to put in and once they are in they don't want to come out. Is there an answer, or trick to make this easier. I am surprised more people aren't complaining.
    2019 Vexus 189 Mercury 115 Pro XS Twin Helix 9's Minn Kota Ultrex

I'm still interested to know if anyone has had luck moving the seat pedestals around. I have to figure out something. When I have two seats up front to crappie fish, I have to move the one on the port side in order to pick up the trolling motor. They are difficult to put in and once they are in they don't want to come out. Is there an answer, or trick to make this easier. I am surprised more people aren't complaining.
    They are super tight at first no doubt. I sprayed the holder and chair shaft with a silicone spray. Greatly improved it. It has been discussed a few times on the FB owners page.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    Once I finally got mine out I put it in a vise and spent some time with an emery cloth on the bottom of the pole. Worked it a pretty good bit. Now I can get them in and out pretty easily.
    But also I think the problem may be the carpet. If there is even a slight amount of carpet overlapping into the female base get it out.

I had prusiked a nylon sling around the poles and was pulling it up with a chain hoist and I was lifting the boat and trailer off the ground and they would not come out. Really pissed me off to be honest. Ended up letting some Kroil soak in there and me and one other guy managed to get it to release. Vexus really needs to address this issue. It's pretty stupid and frustrating.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Once I finally got mine out I put it in a vise and spent some time with an emery cloth on the bottom of the pole. Worked it a pretty good bit. Now I can get them in and out pretty easily.
    But also I think the problem may be the carpet. If there is even a slight amount of carpet overlapping into the female base get it out.

I had prusiked a nylon sling around the poles and was pulling it up with a chain hoist and I was lifting the boat and trailer off the ground and they would not come out. Really pissed me off to be honest. Ended up letting some Kroil soak in there and me and one other guy managed to get it to release. Vexus really needs to address this issue. It's pretty stupid and frustrating.
    This is what I'm talking about it really is a pain in the neck, back, and everywhere else. I love the boat, hate this about it.
    2019 Vexus 189 Mercury 115 Pro XS Twin Helix 9's Minn Kota Ultrex

10. Member
    This is what I'm talking about it really is a pain in the neck, back, and everywhere else. I love the boat, hate this about it.
    Polish the bottom of the pedestals and take a razor blade and get any carpet out of the base hole and it should get better.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Polish the bottom of the pedestals and take a razor blade and get any carpet out of the base hole and it should get better.
    they must have fixed this on the 2020 models at the factory. mine fit tight, but very easy to remove.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    they must have fixed this on the 2020 models at the factory. mine fit tight, but very easy to remove.
    Mine are easy to take out on my 2019 model, but i dont have carpet either.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

13. Member
    I've had no problems removing my pedestals seat tight at first but after a few times they fit perfectly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12