Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVX 1980 auto drain plug

Anyone know what size it is? I’m assuming if it breaks or fails I can put a traditional plug in. But I need to Know what size it is.

2. Member
    Not sure but everyone is just putting sum grease on it and that take care the closing problem

3. Member
    Yea was thinking if I’m complete failure I could cut the cable and plug it. It’s smaller than my xpress was. Maybe 3/4”.

4. Member
    I never open mine boat is covered up + auto bilge no need to remove it done that the last 15 yrs even b 4 the vexus

5. Member
    Good point

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    Not sure but everyone is just putting sum grease on it and that take care the closing problem
    Tried that, and it did not take care of the plug completely closing. I just reach down and push the rest of plug in. Not big a deal though.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Might check to make sure the cable/wire is secured on each end. If so, it ought to close completely. Using the actuator, it needs to travel another little bit after you hit the first resistance.

http://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content/...structions.pdf

8. Member
    Yes, it seems many of us had to push the plug in the last 1/4” the first month or two, and after greasing the plug and some break-in period it would go all the way in with a firm turn of the control.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

9. Member
    Yep that is true just think of ur younger virgin days same as

10. Member
    Oooops I didn't say that

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Yes, it seems many of us had to push the plug in the last 1/4” the first month or two, and after greasing the plug and some break-in period it would go all the way in with a firm turn of the control.
    ^^^^This^^^^. Once you hit the first stopping point, you need to push the lever a little further for it to fully seal. All of us had the same issue initially. Out of simple paranoia, I always take a quick look to confirm it is sealed(many years ago I forgot to put the plug in). So this is something I double and triple check.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

12. Member
    Thread topic add on. Does the seat post loosen up over time. I can’t get them out after I installed them.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Thread topic add on. Does the seat post loosen up over time. I can’t get them out after I installed them.
    I was barely successful in removing the butt seat and post, but I gave up on trying to remove the rear deck seat and post. Those suckers are on there tight.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    I was barely successful in removing the butt seat and post, but I gave up on trying to remove the rear deck seat and post. Those suckers are on there tight.
    dude I’m about to use a car jack.

15. Member
    dude I’m about to use a car jack.
    I hear you... like I said... I gave up. Fortunately I removed the butt seat on the front deck and kept my shoulder intact..

16. Member
    To the switch for my plug is on the port side splash well. Mine is a 2020 1880. Must have made the change for a couple of reasons. Easier for them to rig and maybe more reliable.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    To the switch for my plug is on the port side splash well. Mine is a 2020 1880. Must have made the change for a couple of reasons. Easier for them to rig and maybe more reliable.
    That's interesting... does the plug close and seal easily without having to "force" it to close?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    That's interesting... does the plug close and seal easily without having to "force" it to close?
    I have nothing to compare it to but it felt easy to me. I also did feel the bump before it fully closes. The plus side to this new setup is, I can actually see the plug close as I turn the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Might check to make sure the cable/wire is secured on each end. If so, it ought to close completely. Using the actuator, it needs to travel another little bit after you hit the first resistance.

http://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content/...structions.pdf

Unless they mounted the switch to close to the console, like they did mine.
    Hitting hard, i had to snip off 1/4" off the handle part.

20. Member
    Please tell me they do. I have the three across seating on the front deck, because I like to crappie fish some. I am constantly moving seats around, and so far I have had zero luck in doing so. They are way too tight. I had to use a pair of channel locks to remove one of the front seats and it scared up the post from gripping so tight. So far this is by far my biggest beef with the boat. I have even tried silicone spray as some have suggested, but it hasn't worked for me.
    2019 Vexus 189 Mercury 115 Pro XS Twin Helix 9's Minn Kota Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast