Caracal // Dual Console Questions

Does the passenger console limit access to the passenger rod box? Does it make it difficult to get rods in and out?
    I am going to order my caracal with a removable console but I haven't been able to find any pictures depicting the console and rod box lid clearance.

Any other issues or concerns with adding the removable passenger console to the caracal??

If you have any pictures or information to help please share.

Thanks in advance!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a 2019 Caracal with dual consoles and the 225 merc 4 stroke, LOVE IT!. The passenger rod locker is easy to use, the console doesnt get in the way, the issue I have with it it getting spinning rods in there sometimes because its not a real wide opening but it does work well when needed. The other issue is there is a day box under the passenger console, still functional with the console attached but does limit you lifting the lid all the way up. Will i ever remove my console, nope, I love it! the glove box is huge and I mean HUGE, you lose stuff in there. the boat is super wide and your really dont notice the console at all. The front deck is so big that your fishing partner can run rods up there with you and fish off the front as well. In my opinion, its the best setup bassboat in any brand, hands down. the storage is unreal in this boat, my only real complaint is the price, and really any bass boats now days are way over priced.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Bassman25 Thanks for the input! I haven't been able to find a local dealer or any dealer within reasonable driving range with a caracal in stock so I've been relying on good information from owners on multiple boards!

If you don't like it you can always take it out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    If you don't like it you can always take it out.
    Well I am only going to have it in when I have someone fishing with me but I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to hinder them from using their rod box.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior831 View Post
    Well I am only going to have it in when I have someone fishing with me but I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to hinder them from using their rod box.
    You can’t put much in it anyway. I don’t even use mine for rods it’s a pain in the butt and really doesn’t hold anything over 6’6” right. Really wasted space far as rods go. I use mine for whatever else kind of a catch all.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

The passenger rod box is a 7’ to 6’6” box, depending on location on the rods in the box. The box is intended as a stowaway for low use rods, such as children or spouse that don’t go often.

The glove box is large and the description is good.