Beyond frustrating

I’m beyond frustrated! I have a HDs gen 3 (7”) that’s got a carbon 12” beside it. They are networked together,and the gen 3 WILL NOT show temp. The carbon will show it (when I select it on the screen for gen3 unit), I’ve played with the settings for over an hr and can’t figure out how to make the gen 3 ALSO show the temp! Even if I select “network sonar mode” to multi or single source, it won’t show gen 3 temp. Or if I select network sonar on either unit it still won’t show temp on gen 3, and also if I have carbon turned off and just gen 3 on it won’t show temp. What the hell am I missing in the settings? Gen 3 has the sonar hooked to it!

2. Member
    On the Gen3 [Settings]-->[Network]-->[Data Source][Sonar]-->[Temp]-->Data Source. Select Gen3 Transducer temp as source. Of course this assumes that the transducer connected to the Gen3 does in fact have a temp probe. You actually gave us very little info. "I've played with settings for over an hour...." doesn't tell a whole lot.

This also assumes you understand how to add data overlays to a panel.... But it doesn't really sound like you do. Temp data source has nothing to do with networking a transducer that is directly connected to the MFD. Nor does single/multi source.

3. Member
    I've got 3 carbons and one of the 2 at the wheel didnt show depth or temp yesturday so I did a reset and now it works.

4. Member
    I know how to edit data overlay. Both units are hooked together via n2k and Ethernet. I’ve got airmar p66 transducer and an SS2 hooked to the gen 3.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    On the Gen3 [Settings]-->[Network]-->[Data Source][Sonar]-->[Temp]-->Data Source. Select Gen3 Transducer temp as source. Of course this assumes that the transducer connected to the Gen3 does in fact have a temp probe. You actually gave us very little info. "I've played with settings for over an hour...." doesn't tell a whole lot.

This also assumes you understand how to add data overlays to a panel.... But it doesn't really sound like you do. Temp data source has nothing to do with networking a transducer that is directly connected to the MFD. Nor does single/multi source.

The temp in the panel just comes up
    as “ temp -“ on the gen 3. But it shows on the carbon.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naturenut View Post
    The temp in the panel just comes up
    as “ temp -“ on the gen 3. But it shows on the carbon.
    From the data overlay.... what is the source for the temp on the Gen3? Edit the source on the Gen3 temp data overlay to make sure it's the source you want. It sounds like it's trying to use an invalid source right now.

Are you saying Lss2 hooked to the Gen3?

7. Banned
    Might need to global the temp.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    From the data overlay.... what is the source for the temp on the Gen3? Edit the source on the Gen3 temp data overlay to make sure it's the source you want. It sounds like it's trying to use an invalid source right now.

Are you saying Lss2 hooked to the Gen3?

Yes that is correct the structure scan ducer is hooked up to the gen 3. And source says “this unit”?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Might need to global the temp.

Thank you!! This fixed the issue :) thank you everyone else for the replies.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by naturenut View Post
    Thank you!! This fixed the issue :) thank you everyone else for the replies.

Glad it worked. These things are almost too sophisticated sometimes.