New Tackle and Rod organizers in a 07 521vx?

has Anyone put the moose antler rod rack or the center storage locker organizer system out of a newer Ranger in a older Ranger? I am getting a 07 521vx and I love the huge center storage and the side storage but it seems like some type of organizer would be better than just stacking everything in there. I like the way you can run a few planos down the sides of the center storage compartment. Maybe they don’t work as good as they look though? What are you guys doing to keep things tidy?

2. Member
    I've done both in mine. That U shaped rod holder that came in the port rod locker was a really stupid design. I can text someone the pics if they want to post em here.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabe View Post
    I've done both in mine. That U shaped rod holder that came in the port rod locker was a really stupid design. I can text someone the pics if they want to post em here.
    PM sent

4. Member
    I have sent several individuals these pics. If someone knows how to post them here please do so.

5. Moderator
    I want pics too... please :)

There's a button at the top of the post to insert an image. You can upload it directly to BBC if its not a huge file. Otherwise you need to host the images on a site like imgur.com and simply drop the links here.

6. Member
    Tried what you said bassburch but couldn't pull it off. More pics sent

7. Moderator

Thumbs Up

This is what you want for the rods. Its now the standard part for earlier year 521VX's and its only $33 before shipping.

N2DrbUp.jpg
    8HRDxHC.jpg

8. Member
    Thanks Bassburch. I just picked up the boat and it already has that in there. I couldn’t see it before because the guy I got it from had stuff in that locker. Now I gotta rig up a center storage like the new ones. I have been chatting with a BBC member and he has me all lined up on what I need.

9. Moderator
    I dunno... aren't you at all concerned about moving all that tackle weight even further toward the bow? The 521vx is a tank as it is, and mine seems to hate extra weight at the bow.

10. Member
    Interested to see how the modifications to the center storage area.
    Justin B.

11. Member
    The boat is new to me and I have not had it out fishing yet so I can’t speak to how the weight is gonna effect it. I plan on keeping the majority of my tackle in the rear storage but want to have my main stuff that I constantly use throughout the day somewhere that it can stay organized rather than just scattered in the giant storage boxes.

12. Member
    With the proper offset of 10" and the right prop you will have no problem getting that heavy bow up and out of the water even with tackle in the front center compartment.

13. Moderator
    gonnabe, what/where did you buy for your tackle organizer solution? I will try and post your pics later today.

14. Member
    Ordered mine from Ranger boats using a serial number from a Z521 year models from 2010-13 are the only numbers that will work in our center box. You can purchase the slide in shelves also as many as you need to help separate the tackle. I also purchased the "L" brackets 6 of them to support the two long pieces that run from bow to stern. The "L" brackets are the same ones used on the center step. Used stainless screws and bolts.