a 60 actuator question

I just bought one and i need to know has anyone hooked one up to their brake line and what size is the breakline and fitting. reason i ask is i installed the whole actuator but my break line is like 24 inchs too short. So how do I get the break line to the solenoid. I have a ranger trailer 2003. any help is greatly appreciated. I would need a piece to attach from the break lines to the solenoid now i saw online that their is male and female hose and this may work but not sure of the size. I know the nut on the breaklind was 3/8 does that mean i buy a hose 3/8 not sure with breaks. the hose i took off the old solenoid had a 1/2 in nut on it.

2. mikesxpress
    Take it up to NAPA and they will make the line for you.

^^^^ this !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    thanks guys i just got back from napa and he set me up with a 30 inch ppiece and the fitting size that fits to the back of the new solonoid is 3/16 x 24 inch threads in case someone needed to know he also had an adaptor nut (two female ends) that fit a 3/16 into it and it worked fine i just had to bend the brake line into a coil ever so gently to get some of the slack out bc i only needed 24 inches and it worked fine. Now i have to hook up the ground wire off the noid to the trailer somewhere and bleed the brakes and im done. not a bad job to do at all and i used the wooden dowel trick and it worked perfect. thanks to all for your help. ps i hate finding a ground to put ground wires on--i suck at this. I guess i will get my drill out and try and make one.

5. Member
    Just finished bleeding brakes and she works awesome it feels so good to have workin brakes again. Few tips that may help use the wooden dowel trick 3/4 in cut exact width of inner membrane and definitly hook ur brake hoses up bf u slide acutor in the outer membrane and defintley get a syringe to add brake fluid to mc while bleeding brakes bc i spilled so much fluid trying to fill mc after each stroke and get ur clear hose ace has it by the foot all diff sizes mine was 1/4 in it fit snug over nipple and def have two people one to bleed one to stroke acuator and one to fill mc periodically would help out and get u done fast also if u have an eastern marine near by they have every rubber hose u need also the new actuator has a solinoid built on the mc and its a 3/16 x. 24 fitting just in case u need to know good luck guys thanks to napa and eastern marine for helping me get the right stuff

6. Member
    Brakes, not Breaks...just sayin

7. Member
    All done not bad once i knew what size fittings i was deali g withIMAG3658.jpgIMAG3658.jpg