New lower unit coming out

I heard that Suzuki is coming out with a new lower unit on the 250SS to improve top end speed. Anyone else know anything about it?

2. Member
    First I heard about it. I'm curious if they are going to change the gear ratio so it would be easier to prop boats without having to guess which prop to use anymore because of their lower gear ratio.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    I understood that it would have a different gear ratio to yield more top end. The shape is more akin to a torque master. Supposed to be released by the end of the year.

4. Member
    You guys have fun with that. I'm staying right where I am

5. Member
    Well, I'm interested in a Suzuki but not sure I want to give up the amount of top end I read about. What are you seeing with your new engine?

6. Member
    I hope it will bolt on and replace the current lower unit without to many issues. If it's not too ridiculously overpriced, I might bite the bullet since I have a need for speed....lol
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

How is the holeshot with those of you that run the 250SS? Every video I've seen the holeshot seems slow and if the top speed isn't there where does this engine shine? will the new lower unit solve these problems?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    You guys have fun with that. I'm staying right where I am
    Me to

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    How is the holeshot with those of you that run the 250SS? Every video I've seen the holeshot seems slow and if the top speed isn't there where does this engine shine? will the new lower unit solve these problems?
    My hole shot got significantly better with the 250SS full load full fuel and wells and it pops up pretty easily even in less than 3 foot of water. Hydraulic jackplate helps a lot because you can manipulate your launch better. My old setup I made sure I was in 4 or I had my Co sit on the front deck to launch even with the hydraulic plate