Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

No till food plot

Been seeing a lot more no till plots on youtube and other hunting sights. Basically you mow the area, Kill the grass and weeds and give it a few days and just run through seeding. Anyone do this? Sure would be easier on my land! I was going to just use a roundup on the weeds and grass and give it about a week and come back and seed. Anyone have experience with this?
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

2. Member
    I planted turnips radishes and carrots yesterday but I tilled- have been good deer love those. I’d say a drag harrow pass after broadcast seeding but that d be about it

3. mikesxpress
    I've tried the no till stuff a few times on logging roads/timber stands with marginal results. Went back to Grandpa Ray's Inner Sanctum and Green Patch+ with the tiller.

4. Member
    Redneck I am curious about this as well. We have cattle on the land we lease so I have 2 feeders fenced off with barbwire. I’m wanting to plant some food in there as well, but trying to decide the easiest and most efficient way.

I threw turnips out in my corn patch after spraying the weeds . One rain and they were germinating. Smaller the seed the better.

6. Member
    Turnips and rape will grow without tilling. Most of the no till plot mix is rye grass. Check the ingredients on the bag and this is what you'll more than likely see. you can also plant oats without tilling. oats will grow on a cinder block and deer will walk through 3 rye patches to get to an oat patch.

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon33 View Post
    Redneck I am curious about this as well. We have cattle on the land we lease so I have 2 feeders fenced off with barbwire. I’m wanting to plant some food in there as well, but trying to decide the easiest and most efficient way.
    I been watching a few youtube videos on the topic. Not sure what I want to do yet and at this point it may be for next year. lol
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**