Gelcoat repair for a rookie

I have some minor scratches and dings in my top cap that extend into the flake. I purchased some gel and flake from Basscat and am looking for some tips on how to approach this. I dont have any pictures yet but can upload later. Do I need anything else other then applying the gel and flake? Hardener? I'm a complete rookie and have never tackled this before and my knowledge extends to Youtube. The videos show a process of deeper scrapes are sanded, filled in with a compound,dried, sanded again, gel and flake added then wet sanded, polish etc.

Is that the process for minor scrapes as well? Any help would be appreciated and I'll provide more information if I wasnt specific enough.

2. Member
    I'm interested in this as well. I have heard that the Evercoat kit is the ticket.

Gel coat wont cure in air, so needs to be covered with something

Gotta have pics in order to give usable info....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

This may help you if the scratches are minor, and don't require structural repair.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=482762

Great thanks! I will also try and get some pictures uploaded, I just havent had a chance lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    This may help you if the scratches are minor, and don't require structural repair.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=482762

Here is a picture of the damage. I purchased the gel and flake from Basscat. Do I need to add a hardener or anything else after I apply it? Or is the hardener in the gel? Like I said.. I'm a rookie in this department IMG_20190928_114616.jpg