2005 XR6 150hp Oil Warning

SN 1B055196

My onboard tank is getting depleted every week or two even after I refill and bleed it correctly. I think I have it down to either lack of pressurization or a bad check valve. I have noticed in the last month that it has been a heck of a lot harder to cold start and I'm getting some bad smoke which leads me to believe it may be the check valve for oil (fuel assembly).

I've seen a few threads on this and I want to replace a few parts but had a few questions and hopefully someone can help.

With the clear tube and the t-connector that connects the fuel line to the oil line, some have said to replace this check valve. I've noticed an air bubble on the top (when sitting, not after running) and the clear tube looks like its pretty blue from the oil inside it. I'm assuming the blue is ok because its above the check valve but is the air bubble the issue?

Someone had mentioned to replace this check valve and also the one on the block. Can anyone tell me where the one on the block is located exactly or a part number would help so I can look it up on the diagram.

Lastly, I want to replace the air pressure hose from the remote oil take that keeps the onboard tank pressurized. I talked to my Merc dealer and they do not have the OEM hose but said they have Johnson/Evinrude OEM hoses. The p/n doesnt specify the dimensions of the hose- does anyone know what this would be? I would remove it and take it in but I am out of town for work and planning on stopping by the dealer on the way home if I can since it is on my way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-MM

2. Member
    99439 hoses come 114 in.from merc these are molded hoses side by side not separated (J/E hose may make it run backwards becarful ) , 8781051 is check valve below starter black hose,8189941 is oil check at tee
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks! Are those hoses 1/4" diameter? Thats what they looked like but just guessing.
    I'm trying to find someone who may have those in stock- worst case scenario.

Still trying to figure out the air bubble issue too- may be better just to replace the valve for $25

4. Member
    Put this in 2.0/2.4/2.5 forum and you might get more help from people who know the xr6, Joe or Don.

5. Member
    Definitely 1/4 inch hose.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150