Ultrex - Acts like its on 24 not 36

So I have an Ultrex - 36 V system. I've had the boat for a year now with no issues. Recently I noticed my trolling motor doesn't have the power it use to have. Right from the get go. All three batteries are reading a full charge. I'm getting a full reading on the circuit from all 3 batteries but it's acting like when in the past I've had one bad battery in the group and it's only running on 24 V.

Any ideas? Is there a way for me to see how much power is running into the Ultrex itself. I've checked at batteries and the plug and it's getting the 36 V so it says.

100% it's not the same it was. I know it's not running right. Just looking for some ideas.

Get your batteries checked.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Get your batteries checked.

Yep, as in load tested, not just the voltage.

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Is there a way for me to see how much power is running into the Ultrex itself.
    Clamp ampmeter.....at a good service shop can measure current at full speed and as well confirm voltage at actual input to Trolling motor is good under load. You have only checked voltage at plug and not yet measured important actual input voltage being provided to a full speed running trolling motor.

5. Member
    Mine had same issue, batteries were fully charged. I had a fuse that tripped, located by the battery. It was a simple fix, literaly just pushed a button to reset it!!!

6. Banned
    Not sure how a breaker inline would be tripped and yet the TM still operates even on a lower range???
    As for drop in TM power I would be checking the batteries, then check all the connection points for corrosion (actually remove clean install and coat. Even an inline breaker can have internal corrosion (can be identified with an Ohm meter)