Unhappy please help 1998 johnson venom 200hp

model J200stlece
    will only start while pressing in hotfoot slightly. once revved up about 10 second in rpms fall and it dies like its staving itself of fuel.
    mechanic said no air in fuel line. replaced stator, primer bulb and hose and rebuilt vro.. still have same issues. it will comtinue to idle when I pump primmer bulb.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to test the quick start circuit and perform a sync n link on the motor. By pressing on the hot foot, you are advancing the throttle and timing. Don't know how mechanical you are but you can down load a service manual from the stickies above. You may also want to take off the cowl and snoop around the carb area and look for split hoses and leaking fuel. Check the valve on the primer solenoid also, they sometime crack and leak fuel. The pointy end should be facing straight down towards the bottom of the solenoid.
    After the stator was replaced did the mechanic check the timing?

3. Member
    Yes the mechanic checked the timing and I had some fuel leaking from carb. I ordered a rebuild kit and installed it making sure I cleaned the carbs good. While I had the carbs off I also had cleaned the throttle bodies. I ordered a new vro that will be here tomorrow. Also pulled my spark plugs and one of the plugs gapping was way off so I replaced that

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    When you did the carb kit did you install the white nylon washer under the float seat? If so that needs to come out as it isn't used on your carbs. What plugs did you use?