Bassmaster at Sebago ?

Thinking of going to Sebago to check out the Bassmaster tournament in September, has anyone been in the past years? is there much to see after the boats take off? do they have tents with boat and motors and tackle?
    Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by MacCTD; 08-23-2019 at 08:30 AM.

you realize its the B.A.S.S. Nation regional fish offs not the pro tour

2009 ELITE 210

Yes, Bass Nation. Official practice starts 9/8.

4. Member
    So I say it’s a no go! But the boys might be happy to see a spectator boat.
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    you realize its the B.A.S.S. Nation regional fish offs not the pro tour
    No, I do not know the difference, I am assuming there is nothing to see then? no sponsors or anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    No, I do not know the difference, I am assuming there is nothing to see then? no sponsors or anything ?
    Not really this is anglers from East Coast States of USA ME to FL , Spain and Canada that are from B.A.S.S. affiliated clubs , check out www.massbassnation.org to get an idea of the format

2009 ELITE 210

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    Not really this is anglers from East Coast States of USA ME to FL , Spain and Canada that are from B.A.S.S. affiliated clubs , check out www.massbassnation.org to get an idea of the format
    Thanks for the information.

Usually at the Regionals there are no sponsor tents, just the weigh-in stage, so there won't be anything to see after the take-off. The blast off will be a sight to see though, +/-180 teams from different states, some with older model boats, some with new, all of us full of hope and anticipation lol, and the national anthem is a great start to the day. I think it would be worth your while to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark from Canada View Post
    Usually at the Regionals there are no sponsor tents, just the weigh-in stage, so there won't be anything to see after the take-off. The blast off will be a sight to see though, +/-180 teams from different states, some with older model boats, some with new, all of us full of hope and anticipation lol, and the national anthem is a great start to the day. I think it would be worth your while to watch it.
    ​This will be the highlight of the whole tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    ​This will be the highlight of the whole tournament.
    Agreed - the weigh-in will be hours since there are ~180 boats and both anglers have to weigh in. Good thing is that there will be a lot of zeros so not everyone will weigh in, hopefully that isn't me though! The fishing is going to be very tough, I was there the last time the Regionals were on Sebago and it was tough with 56 boats prefishing all week, this will be a whole other level of tough and crowded.

11. Member
    i hear the locals call it "slowbago". I sure hope the fishing is OK though....22 hour drive is a long way to go to a suckfest :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark from Canada View Post
    Agreed - the weigh-in will be hours since there are ~180 boats and both anglers have to weigh in. Good thing is that there will be a lot of zeros so not everyone will weigh in, hopefully that isn't me though! The fishing is going to be very tough, I was there the last time the Regionals were on Sebago and it was tough with 56 boats prefishing all week, this will be a whole other level of tough and crowded.
    I was there the last time as well, and yes it SUCKED.. I fished for five days and had one fish. If they have started pulling water for the winter it will be real tough.

I'm suppose to be there the next 3 days for tech support.
    Proud Army Dad

14. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    how is it going on Sebago???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Bassmaster.com has the results on their site.

16. Member
    Fishing was brutal. That was a 20 hour drive each way, just to beat my head against the wall. I did draw John Wright from NH the last day, he was really nice to fish with. Had a CT guy the first day and a MA guy the second. All 3 finished in top 40 on the boater side. They were both stand up guys as well.

Fishing was brutal! I put my eggs into the deep water basket and tried to manage the areas I was fishing. Caught a limit the first day, 3 the 2nd and 1 on the 3rd. They just did not replenish, I figured a few new fish would arrive but they did not. I do think there were more shallow fish on the final day though, that is where I caught my lone keeper and saw 3 more (which is a lot on that lake). All in all a beautiful lake and area, just not too many bass out there. Lots of lakers and a few landlocked salmon which was cool.

It’s too bad that a lot of guys had to travel pretty far to fish Sebago with the fishing being so tough. I am sure some left the state thinking bass fishing sucks up here, which is not even close to being true.

A few of our team members that didn't make the final day went and fished Thompsons Pond just down the road. They all caught fish, nothing big but they definitely saw the potential. Beautiful area you have there, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Maine. As far as Sebago went, it was tough, but if fishing were easy I probably wouldn't like it as much, a challenge is ok with me. I enjoyed the clear water fishing on Sebago, Toge and landlocked salmon that often in the same areas as the smallmouth - pretty cool.