Kentucky Lake in October: Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Fishing a small, but important tournament. Obviously, weather will be the main factor, but any general areas and techniques that have worked in the past will help a ton in my two practice days. We launch in Paris. Thank you.

2. Member
    If it gets cool and they drop the water be kicking up mud and tossing a trap.

3. Member
    I have done well in the past on main lake bars throwing rattle baits, walking topwaters, bladed jigs if baitfish are present. Also check stakebeds in back of creeks with square bills, spinnerbaits, and plastics if shad are around them. Good luck, the lake is fishing tough!

4. Member
    must be fishing the USA Bassin reginol on Oct 15

5. Member
    Main lake stumps and bars throwing a Evergreen or Spook, spinner bait, trap, has been good for years. With the changes that our lakes have made last few years you are probably better off to just drop that trolling motor and go fishing main lake points and bars at the mouths of the bays fishing banks!!

6. Member
    Throw topwater all day on main lake flats and bars

7. Member
    This is going to sound crazy but once I was fishing a small tournament out of Jonathan Creek when the lake was nearly at winter pool. We went to the back of a side pocket and saw a few shad skipping out of the water and an occasional swirl. Problem was we could not get the boat shallow enough to reach the fish. I noticed a rod with a 3/4 oz spinner bait I intended to use later in the day and picked it up. I threw the bait as far as I could and instantly had a keeper. I had our 5 fish before my partner could even get a bait tied on. That heavy spinner bait was actually dragging through the mud.

8. Member
    will give info in exchange for vols tix
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 97tr21 View Post
    will give info in exchange for vols tix
    Man your cheap, lol.
    Respect no wake zones, Evinrude guys need a place to race too ;)