Optimax 115 belt installation ?

My belt on top of engine that goes to fly wheel, alternator broke and got a new one but how do you loosen tensioner or what procedure do you do to install it. Can't find it on youtube or google, thanks for help.

2. Member
    put a ratchet in the square hole on the tensioner and push or pull, can remember which, but its pretty simple
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

3. Member
    ^^^^^^ +1 adapter hole for 3/8 ratchet ,relieve tension
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Thankyou fellows will try later today,will let you know how I made out.

Used a 3/8 inch socket put it in the little square hole on top of the tensioner pulled to the side popped on the Belt 5 second job unbelievable thank you

6. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

And my marina only wanted $100 for the job, lol.

8. Member
    I also got my belt from Autozone for a quarter of the price as the Merc belt. Worked 3 years and i sold the boat. Put the old merc belt in my tool kit but never needed it. Mercury has a real bad habit of ripping people off with their parts and special tools. The worst is what the charge for O rings.
    Andy

9. Member
    you just give um num off belt ?????

10. Member
    Nope, just took the old one in and matched it up with one they had.
    Andy

11. Member
    good to know