Duckett reel seat foot hood repair?

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I just bought this rod at dicks in the spring and when I try to tighten down the reel the hood just slips .... is there a way to fix this possibly?

Thanks

2. Member
    can you see if the hood is cracked? There is a chance someone would pull all the parts off the back and replace but I doubt many people would as the cost wouldn't be worth it. If it is not cracked I have read about people putting a piece of tape around the threads take up space and the hood would tighten better. If it is cracked and you don't find someone to redo the rod in your budget then you could always tighten as much as you can and use tape to finish it off. Not the cleanest look but will work.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Is there no warranty on it? That should be the first step.

But for repair Denraytay is right, to replace the reel seat the rear grips and butt would have to come off (along with the seat) then replace all of that. Depending on the cost of the rod it likely isn't worth it.
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

4. Member
    Is it a Duckett micro? If it is you could probably just unscrew the hood and it should fit over all of the guides to get off.

You may can wrap teflon tape around the threads to tighten it up. If it will pass over the guides I may have one I can send you.

6. Member
    I dont see any cracks on the inside or outside.

It has a warranty I geuss but I dont have the receipt.

Yes it's the micro but the collar wont fit over the hook keeper and from the looks it wont fit over the first eye.

I tried the thread tape and so far it seems ok, I think it will work, if not maybe try more or like someone said I'll try electrical tape since it's a lil thicker.

I got the rod at dicks when they were clearancing them out so I paid under 50 for it but I hate to trash it since I got a deal... 7'3" H duckett ghost. I really am happy with these rods, I have 6 of them in various sizes... pretty nice for the price... in my opinion.

7. Member
    I will second on the teflon tape or you can put o dab of gorilla glue on tred then tighten

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    I will second on the teflon tape or you can put o dab of gorilla glue on tred then tighten
    I just hope I can get it loose without destroying it though lol

9. Member
    Like I said. Just a small drop of glue