20HP 4 Stroke EFI - Manual start locking

This is my first four stroke - 2015 20 HP Suzuki EFI with manual start. When I pull the manual recoil starter (in Neutral) it seems to lock every other time. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the neutral safety lock cable and assembly but they said that there was nothing ever wrong with it. The last time the dealer put the motor on the tank and asked me to show how I started it. Dealer said that the locking is a compression lock normally associated with a high compression 4 stroke engine. He showed me that you have to pull the rope slowly a few times until you hear a hissing sound as it decompresses and then pull more forcefully. I never had this issue with two strokes. Is this the nature of the beast with a 4 stroke? If so, I would rather have my 2 stroke back.

2. Member
    Because fiddling with chokes and hard starting cold blooded 2 strokes are so much fun? Every motor I've ever owned has had their own way of getting them to start reliably, the dealer has shown you how to do it on your motor......

3. Member
    Good Point! With the EFI it definitely starts easier and runs smoothly at every engine speed whether cold or hot.