2001 Mercury 200 efi, no power to fuel pump...ECU?

I replaced the ECU on this motor 2 years ago but it was a used one. If there is no power going to the fuel pump does that mean ECU again?
    Thanks

2. Member
    very likely
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    It is one of the lines that the ecu controls. I grounded my fuel pump so it would turn on when my key turned on and all is well

Nope, pump will always run, even with key turned off I think. The power to the pump is always hot unless you have a battery cutoff switch. You can add a quality relay to the ground side that is controlled by a key on voltage though. Sounds like a bad pump driver in the ecm, assuming the ground wire and connections to the ecm are good
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Thought I would add a couple more things to look at . If the pins in the ECU connector plugs going to the fuel pump get bent ,corroded , or overheated it can cause an open circuit or reduced voltage to the fuel pump not allowing it to run . I have heard of the wire strands breaking inside of the insulation right at the fuel pump terminals causing the same trouble and cutting the wire back past the break is the fix . Maybe you'll be lucky and it won't be the ECU this time ?

6. Member
    I replaced the ECU and now all is well...Thanks for the posts

Contact
    http://www.simonmotorsports.com/
    to have your old ecu repaired for a backup
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    BTW... this 2.5L engine is covered in the next forum down.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor