Floor jack for Ranger trailer.

Someone finger discounted my small floor jack out of my truck. I have a 2013 Z522. I have a drive on stand that works good but I want to put a small floor jack back into my truck. What is the best for my trailer? I heard about A NASCAR aluminum one for around $70.00. I know you can get cheaper but I would prefer a little better and close to 2.5 to 3 tons with case.

2. Member
    I bought a Harbor Tool aluminum (not the Daytona) 2.5 ton for yard work. It picks up the front of my Duramax P/U (8000# total). Their 1.5 ton is on sale for $60.
    Untitled.png

I carry and prefer a bottle jack and two small pieces of 2x4, just easier to carry under the back seat of the truck and stays there all the time.

4. Member
    Fortunately, I have never had to change a trailer flat on the road. My thought though has always been that I would use my trucks jack if I had a flat. Why would carrying an extra jack be necessary or a benefit?

5. Member
    i was thinking of this EMBRITE ELECTRIC FLOOR JACK comes with electric drill too air pump and jumpercables.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I bought a Harbor Tool aluminum (not the Daytona) 2.5 ton for yard work. It picks up the front of my Duramax P/U (8000# total). Their 1.5 ton is on sale for $60.
    Untitled.png
    This^^ small compact light weight, picks my tandem 520 up with ease.

7. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    Fortunately, I have never had to change a trailer flat on the road. My thought though has always been that I would use my trucks jack if I had a flat. Why would carrying an extra jack be necessary or a benefit?
    Before my handle broke on my jack that came with my truck I would have agreed. I was trying to jack up the boat to change a blow out and the handle snapped leaving the truck scissor jack wedged in place. Had to call for roadside assistance to finish jacking up the trailer and changing the tire. So know I keep a floor jack in my truck bed. Next time if I have a flat I will have a back up jack just incase the jack that the guy is using from road side assistance breaks.

9. Member
    Truck jacks may be too tall to fit under your trailer with a flat. Better to find this out in the driveway one Saturday afternoon than on the side of the road in the dark
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

10. Member
    Tandem axle no jack required. I made a ramp with a 2x10, 2x6 and a 2x4 drive good tire up. The bad one is in the air.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Get a flat tire once on side of busy highway on truck or trailer and you will wish you had small floor jack

Trailer Aid Plus is what I use on my tandem trailer. Drop it, drive up or back up on the good tire, change the flat.
    https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Aid-T...699444272&th=1
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Member
    I went to Harbor freight to pick out my floor jack. Now I carry it in the back of my truck. I have used it several times and thank god I have it !! Paid $60

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Tandem axle no jack required. I made a ramp with a 2x10, 2x6 and a 2x4 drive good tire up. The bad one is in the air.
    Listen to this man. A couple of the right blocks of wood is all you need. I’ve become an expert on roadside tire changing.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Listen to this man. A couple of the right blocks of wood is all you need. I’ve become an expert on roadside tire changing.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Small floor jack from Harbor Freight or Pep Boys !! $60 carry it always in the SUV. Truck jacks SUCK !! Fricking lil scissor jacks !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Untitled.png
    Ditto on ^^^ this ^^^.

Make sure you get a low-profile jack, though. like someone else said, it does you no good if you can't get under the lift point.

I had a blowout at 3:30 AM on the way home from a night tournament and was completely unprepared. A whole lot of no fun. I made a trip to Harbor Freight the next Monday and got that plus a few other things:
    - Deep well socket the proper size for the lugs, as well as a dedicated ratchet handle for the purpose.
    - 25" cheater bar sized for that same socket
    - Jack stands (just in case it has to stay jacked up for any reason)

The cheater bar, socket and ratchet stay in the boat. The jack stays under the seat in my truck. The only reason it isn't all in the truck is that sometimes I loan the boat to my partner (when his is in the shop). He keeps a similar jack in his truck and similar tools in his boat. No matter which of us is doing the pulling, and no matter whose boat we are in, we can change a tire without having to break a sweat.

Clint

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Before my handle broke on my jack that came with my truck I would have agreed. I was trying to jack up the boat to change a blow out and the handle snapped leaving the truck scissor jack wedged in place. Had to call for roadside assistance to finish jacking up the trailer and changing the tire. So know I keep a floor jack in my truck bed. Next time if I have a flat I will have a back up jack just incase the jack that the guy is using from road side assistance breaks.
    Makes sense and not something I thought about. My truck is a 4x4 and is not likely to fit beneath the trailer axle. Glad I asked or I am sure I would find out the hard way some day. So I bought a "Trailer Aid" ramp. Will just keep it in the truck under the back seat.