2018 Triton 19trx Patriot speeds?

I have a 2018 19trx Patriot with a 225 ProXs 2-stroke, 24p fury, 112 ultrex, 4 batteries, 2 blades and a hydraulic jackplate. I am getting 68mph with 1/4 tank of gas 5750 rpms and just me-6’3” 215lbs. I feel like I should b getting in the 70’s. Not sure if I need a 23 Fury

2. Member
    Fastest I've seen in mine is 69.7. I have the same setup as you except no hydraulic jackplate. Most I got today was 67, but I had 3/4 tank of gas.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19trx Patriot View Post
    I have a 2018 19trx Patriot with a 225 ProXs 2-stroke, 24p fury, 112 ultrex, 4 batteries, 2 blades and a hydraulic jackplate. I am getting 68mph with 1/4 tank of gas 5750 rpms and just me-6’3” 215lbs. I feel like I should b getting in the 70’s. Not sure if I need a 23 Fury
    We need to know your Prop To Pitch... It should be around 3 inches or slightly less.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

4. Member
    Normally you test loaded ready to fish but if that's how you run and fish most of the time it's not bad but if it were me I'd find a 24" Tempest to test and see how it handles all the weight your carrying.

5. Member
    My ptp is 3 1/2” I tried a reworked tempest 24 and there was really no difference. I am wondering if I need a 23 Fury to get my rpms up. Would increasing the rpms increase my speed?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 19trx Patriot View Post
    My ptp is 3 1/2” I tried a reworked tempest 24 and there was really no difference. I am wondering if I need a 23 Fury to get my rpms up. Would increasing the rpms increase my speed?
    My suggestion would be to raise the motor up a little at a time with the tempest plus. My experience with the Tempest is they like to run a little higher than a fury. Raising the motor will increase rpms. Just be mindful of water pressure.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    My suggestion would be to raise the motor up a little at a time with the tempest plus. My experience with the Tempest is they like to run a little higher than a fury. Raising the motor will increase rpms. Just be mindful of water pressure.
    What Buck sad, raise your engine until the boat wants to cavitate coming out of the hole them drop it down until it hooks back up, watching your water pressure. Most 19TRX with the new proxs runs 70-72mph.

8. Member
    Thanks guys. I will try it. I have noticed the fury likes to run deeper. I might send my prop to Mark.

RPM's are fine where you are. Raise the motor to 3"-2.75". If you want to try a dif prop I'd look at a tempest 25

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxstix View Post
    RPM's are fine where you are. Raise the motor to 3"-2.75". If you want to try a dif prop I'd look at a tempest 25
    I’ll give it a try!