1st trip to guntersville

Been on intravenous antibiotics since June 3rd. I'm more than ready for a trip. Coming up to Guntersville after labor day. Any suggestions? Frogs, ledge fish, or inbetween? Any help appreciated.

2. Member
    Im interested in suggestions for middle of October.

3. Member
    Frog fishing will be sketchy compared to past years. Two months of solid rain around February and weeks of 200,000 CFS current ripped the milfoil and hydrilla mats and they have been replaced by eel grass in many areas. You should catch some on any given technique so I would do what you are good at. Get well soon

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Frog fishing will be sketchy compared to past years. Two months of solid rain around February and weeks of 200,000 CFS current ripped the milfoil and hydrilla mats and they have been replaced by eel grass in many areas. You should catch some on any given technique so I would do what you are good at. Get well soon
    Spot on. You'll definitely need to be flexible and as stated, fish your strengths. Milfoil matts are going to be better on the north end of the lake in the creeks and pockets. Is suppose to cool off a bit from the mid to high 90s we've been having. Which should help.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

5. Member

Well my fishing trip just got canceled. Dr. Report was not good. Infection in my back is still there. Next step is getting opened up and infection cleaned out. Hopefully by November I'll be back on my feet.

6. Member
    Prayer sent for your heath and comfort.

7. Member
    Im still planning a middle of October trip

8. Member
    Best wishes to you with your health issues. I can only suggest that you enjoy your time on G and do whatever it is you do best. Don't let the "bigness" of the lake, the massive amount of grass or anything else get in your head and just go fishing.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

Just prayed for you. Hope you get well soon and make it to Guntersville.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins