36 volt Ultrex on a Panterra

Any one run one .. I am thinking about installing my 36 volt Ultrexx on the boat I just picked up . I know it is a over kill ,, need to look at battery layout and see if it will hold the extra battery . I have a almost brand new troller that I need to use or trade if the 36 doesn't work .

2. Member
    If the extra battery does not fit, you could use a 3 battery set up where one would be dual purpose for both cranking and cycling. Not ideal, but some do it quite successfully.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    I have one but I run 50ah Lithiums. Before I had the Lithiums I did run a normal 36 volt setup. You can fit them if you run 27 series batteries. I will not run anything but a 36v. A 24 is enough I’m sure but I never worry about not having enough power
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

4. Member
    I run one in my 07 Pantera. I removed the battery charger and use it on quick connects to fit 3 31 series batteries on the passenger side, and a 31 series crank battery by the oil tank. I fish the St Lawrence river primarily so the added power on the troller has been very handy fishing the current. Still hitting low 70's with a 25p fury, high 60's and a scary good holeshot with a 24p fury4
    Last edited by badbuffalo; 08-22-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Clarify battery layout
    2007 Basscat Pantera Classic
    200 Mercury Optimax(1B446385)

5. Member
    If you fish rivers or current a lot you will like it. My buddy put a 36 volt Ultrex on his Z118 and he’s glad he did, as we fish the Upper Mississippi a lot.

6. Member
    I have a 2010 PII. I installed a 36 volt ultrex on the boat immediately. I run 27 series batteries for the trolling motor, a 31 cranking battery and I have a MinnKota 4 bank charger. They all easily fit in the back compartment. With that said, I do not have poles. The Ultrex has replaced the need for them in my style of fishing in the west. I also deal with extremely high elevations and having that extra weight in the back would kill my hole shot. With all that said, I would highly recommend a 36v Ultrex. Especially if you plan on spot locking all day long in the wind.

I looked an there is plenty of room for the 3 rd battery.. Guess I need to get busy ...

There is room for he extra battery, but will get tight if i adding poles and stuff.

I almost added a 3rd to my old PII, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

the 24 volts worked just fine. No need for the 36V other than 'Merica!!! I want it good luck
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    That hull will respond very well to the 24v and if fishing in heavy current is a concern, you may consider opting for 31s in a 24v setup. If your previous boat was an Allison, I would guess that the classic will react about the same to a 24v motor.
    2015 Phoenix 819

10. Member
    I run a 36v on my boat and it's great. Mine are gp27's two on each side of the bilge, plenty of room.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI