Livewell Aerator Timer cause boat power to cycle on/off

Purchased a used boat and when the livewell pumps are on the aerator has a variable option 2 / 4 / 6 and when the 2 minutes hit it cycles off the power to the navigation lights and the rest of the boat functions and then turns back on when the livewell pumps turn back on.

Could this be an issue with variable switch or wiring at the pumps?

2. Member
    Corroded connection where they get their power. Battery or fuse block.

3. Member
    If I’m reading your post correctly, I would say it’s wired incorrectly if everything actually works. It seems like power is going into the timer, then from the timer it goes to your lights, accessories and pumps. When your timer cycles “on”, everything gets power, when your timer cycles “off”, it cuts off everything. You need to separate timer from everything except the pumps.
    It looks like it is wired like the top drawing and it should be like the bottom drawing.
    F9F5B018-9274-4F43-8570-B687CA769F84.jpeg
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. Member
    Thanks Mike2718 for the diagram. It was a wiring issue, appreciate your help.

5. Member
    You’re welcome. I hope it didn’t take too long. Every time I do a project, I just take the time it should take and multiply it by a factor of 5 & that’s how long it actually takes and I’m very mechanically inclined. Glad you got it fixed.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike