What the hell happened to Greenleaf?

I went by there this evening and it was damn near empty, the lake bed is still muddy but all the grass was dead.

Think you are refering to Little Greenleaf or Highway 10 landing on the river. They have dropped the Webbers Falls section of the river alot hear 10 to 11 feet to try and get the remains of those two barges out from infront of the dam.

Yes that was it. If you fish it much now is a good time to go out and mark the stumps because nearly every one of them is exposed.

We were there three weeks ago and it was allready down 3 to 4 feet and I seen stuff I never knew was there and I have fished it since the late eighties. LOL I stay on the river most of the year just rotate all three sections. We enjoy the peace of only seeing a few boats all day and them being fishermen also.

I had a friend knock his lower unit in the stumps back in 80 or 81..

Yea the river isn't for the faint of heart when running but sure is good fishing. Had a uncle take the lower unit off his merc during morning take off right out in the middle of the channel south of three forks back in 91 or 92 a big log rolled up right in front of him full speed direct hit. Got drug in loaded up came borrowed my boat and was back at to finish the tournament...LOL