Thread: Vitamins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vitamins

I am retired at 58 and stay pretty active (fish a lot). But, I definitely don’t eat right. Too much restaurant food and mostly meat and potatoes (or pasta) type dishes when we do cook. I know everyone will say start eating right but reality is that it won’t happen. So what type vitamins do you take and recommend? Do you think they help?

Start eating right. Period. Vitamins are mostly,a,waste of money if you incorporate a healthy diet into your daily routine. It’s not impossible unless YOU decide it’s impossible.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I guess vitamins could help some but they can't compete with eating right. You can eat at restaurants and still eat right, just pick your foods and don't always go for the dishes covered in sauces, etc.

4. Member
    You are literally pissing your money away with vitamins. On average, one absorbs 10-30%. The rest is in your waste.

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Eat right and get some actual exercise.....vitamins are NOT the answer.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Lol so you want to get healthier without eating right? Get used to being unhealthy.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    My wife and I eat right and I maintain the large property that we own so exercise isn’t an issue, we are both 57 and my wife is battling brain cancer, we take Centrum Silver 50+ and I’m good with it!
    Last edited by Thermodude; 08-21-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Eat like a diabetic should, and extend your quality of life

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Banned
    Beer, pork rinds and beef jerky... Dan

I take these vitamins and are amazing...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I take these vitamins and are amazing...
    Your vitamins are HUGE, Mike. DO you have to unhinge your jaw to get them down?

Just trying to make them legible on a cell phone.

13. Member
    If you eat a lot of junk food (as I used to do)...just ask for the double burger "without the bun". 99% of the fast-food places are used to these "Low Carb/Keto" requests. Bread and Pasta used to be my downfall. Now, I am used to living without them and and feel much better. (Also lost 27 lbs).

That one move will greatly cut down on the carbs and help you, IMHO. I agree with the poster(s) who say vitamins are a waste.

14. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    if you're going to just eat as you already do, just get a general multivitamin and go with it
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Just trying to make them legible on a cell phone.
    Jitterbug flip phone???
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Eating healthy is really easy if you give yourself an hour or so a week to meal prep. Reality is if you got time to post on here you got time to eat better. A little meal planning and setup makes it easy. Eating healthy does not mean all salads and no taste either. Learn basics on caloroie counts of ingredients etc and it will unlock a lot of the mystery. Its actually really easy to eat right and you will feel 100% better.

17. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Eating healthy is really easy if you give yourself an hour or so a week to meal prep. Reality is if you got time to post on here you got time to eat better. A little meal planning and setup makes it easy. Eating healthy does not mean all salads and no taste either. Learn basics on caloroie counts of ingredients etc and it will unlock a lot of the mystery. Its actually really easy to eat right and you will feel 100% better.
    yep...……..and then add in exercise and you got it whipped
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

18. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    This is what I need to get better at.....

New employer has a benefit where you can use a program called Newtopia. Get assigned a "motivator" who is a nutritionist. They go over your wellness check info, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. And works with you to get better habits specifically for your goals and condition. They send you a cellular enabled scale so 2 times a week you weigh yourself and it automatically gets sent to your "motivator". Also, have some cash incentives for meeting goals.

Hopefully this will help me get back on track.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

after I had a stroke in 2010 the Dr. told me if it taste good spit it out and the more colors on my plate is better...

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    This is what I need to get better at.....

New employer has a benefit where you can use a program called Newtopia. Get assigned a "motivator" who is a nutritionist. They go over your wellness check info, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. And works with you to get better habits specifically for your goals and condition. They send you a cellular enabled scale so 2 times a week you weigh yourself and it automatically gets sent to your "motivator". Also, have some cash incentives for meeting goals.

Hopefully this will help me get back on track.

Take it one step at a time. You can do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast