Thread: Blackhawk lake

Blackhawk lake

Blackhawk lake in Highland, Wi.
    Have a club event coming up and I'm really struggling here, I've seen pictures of guys catching 25+# bags of largemouth in the spring, I'm falling flat, can anyone reassure me there are bass in this lake? Any smallies?
    Gonna go out this week and try again.
    Such a beautiful lake though
    Cheese County Bass Club

2. Member
    Spring is for sure the best time to be on that lake. Used to fish it a lot years ago. Now only fish it in the spring or at night. My best advice is to fish the deep weed edges, brush piles and the creek channels. You can also find fish on the deeper edges of the rock bar in the middle of the lake out in front of the beach. I have pulled many nice fish from this lake. I believe they now have a no size limit on the bass there to try to thin the small fish. I have caught some nice fish from this lake, and am sure there are some nice fish left there. Good luck.

3. Member
    Just talked about that lake yesterday as I was up in WI for a few days..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

4. Member
    I spent my time working ledges, big baits, little baits nothing to show, gonna try the weedlines next time I get there take a more finesse approach, I've definitely got too many places on my list for Spring but might have to add this one as well.

Trey, if you want to go out and catch a handful of dinks, I'm all for giving up my spots....lol
    Cheese County Bass Club

5. Member
    Please delete
    Cheese County Bass Club