Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Nice video...

Now the discussion around the heading sensor and that you cannot use the point-1. How about using the heading sensor from the Ghost as a source on the HDS units? Anyone know if that will work?

It didn’t sound like it from RMP’s video. Sounds like it’s an altogether different sensor. Shouldn’t be a big deal though, mounting it that is.

2. Member
    Nice video...

Now the discussion around the heading sensor and that you cannot use the point-1. How about using the heading sensor from the Ghost as a source on the HDS units? Anyone know if that will work?
    That is (unfortunately) a "no", I asked Jacob about that specifically.

3. Member
    Nice video...

Can't say about the Ghost but.... on the Xi5 the heading sensor does not show up under any of the "VESSEL" data sources. That includes pitch-roll-heading.

4. Member
    Nice video...

Cant see how it would, what happens when the TM is stored and you are on plane?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BZWildman81 View Post
    I have had no problem turning the head of my ultrex (I fish on Guntersville in the hydrilla and other grass mats) so I would think it would be the same, power steering. Problem is the naiad getting wrapped around the prop.

So when you get into a thick mat, you don’t have any problem getting out? My fortrex gets so bogged/covered that it’s a job getting out.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Cant see how it would, what happens when the TM is stored and you are on plane?
    Good point!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJK View Post
    Good point!

Ehhh, it’s still a heading sensor that’s mounted on the bow. I don’t see why it can’t be a nmea antenna. Now the MG would not work, because it is built into the head, not the ghost though.

8. Member
    I’ve yet to see the Ghost hooked up to a HDS unit, transducer, or via NMEA. I’ve looked at several ads with the foot pedal. I’m assuming there is a NMEA connection some where on the foot control. Also trying to figure out where the transducer leads come from. Again... it appears everthing, wiring wise, goes back to the foot control. If that is the case it wouldn’t be too hard to conceal the wiring/cabling.

9. Banned
    I think one of the RMP videos showed the cables and where they went.

skip to the 13:00 mark, shows & tells all we want to know.

Last edited by grout-scout; 08-23-2019 at 08:45 PM.

10. Member
    Best video yet. I'll give it a year to get any bugs worked out, if any. I like everything about it. Especially the mount being lower than the MK which looks like an extension ladder laying on the side. Lots better visibility. If all works as stated, will be my next trolling motor.

Anyone else notice most of the Lowrance Pro's are still using the Ultrex on the Major League Fishing bass Pro trail?

Only 1 I noticed is Edwin Evers who has the "Ghost" on his boat..

What is taking so long to get this thing released to the public and why arent more of the Pro's using it already?
    Basscat P4

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Anyone else notice most of the Lowrance Pro's are still using the Ultrex on the Major League Fishing bass Pro trail?

Only 1 I noticed is Edwin Evers who has the "Ghost" on his boat..

What is taking so long to get this thing released to the public and why arent more of the Pro's using it already?

Some might be reluctant to change right before their last tournament.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I think one of the RMP videos showed the cables and where they went.

skip to the 13:00 mark, shows & tells all we want to know.

Thanks! I looked at a lot of videos/pictures but didn't get 13 mins. into it to check. Foot control pig tails is the only thing that made sense(which is kinna foreign for Lowrance). That set up is great for wire management and one I could purchase!

I know if I was fishing for $300,000.00+ I'm dancing with the partner that got me to the ball - and it wasn't the Lowrance Ghost!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12