Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Another ghost video

Thought I have seen just about every video on the ghost. This video BY FAR explains the features of the TM. The Lowrance engineer explained, in detail, characteristics of the motor that many people are not aware of. Definitely something that I am interested in.... is this new TM.

Grout- Thanks for finding and sharing video!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

3. Banned
    Most are pretty redundant and they are all sales pitches, but this one does have just a tad more info.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    tad more info but ill still wait for Power Poles. Never understood how Jarrett Edwards has a fishing show.. It ranks up there with fishing university in my book.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-21-2019 at 05:53 PM.

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Good video

Some great features for sure. I'd love to have them.

However, no consideration for controlling the boat from anywhere but the front deck, and that's a deal breaker for me.

Until a long cable and a flat pedal is designed, there's no hope of converting Ulterra and Terrova users.

7. Member
    Mmmmmm.... Xi5 just might be up for sale soon. Has a brand new motor & 54” shaft...

One thing I’ve yet to see is where/how the tranducer cable is managed. And what about NMEA connectivity???
    Last edited by yupitsme; 08-21-2019 at 07:29 PM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Mmmmmm.... Xi5 just might be up for sale soon. Has a brand new motor & 54” shaft...

One thing I’ve yet to see is where/how the tranducer cable is managed. And what about NMEA connectivity???
    Yes. That’s the only answer you get for making fun of my drawing a week or so ago.

I have 1 real concern. Hydrilla...the lake I fish has it thick, like so thick that I can’t even turn my fortrex by standing on the pedal. I don’t think these electric steers are gonna work in it.

9. Member
    I wuz only funnin’ ya’...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    tad more info but ill still wait for Power Poles. Never understood how Jarrett Edwards has a fishing show.. It ranks up there with fishing university in my book.
    Classy comment about a BBC member
    Last edited by FowlZurk; 08-21-2019 at 09:04 PM.

11. Member

It connects to NMEA2000 much in the same way as the Xi5 but without the gateway. (Just a dropcable) At the time I was using the Ghost very few network-features where ready, basicly only "go to"-command was working but Lowrance said they would implement many of the same features as the Xi5 has but probably not the turn-patterns.

What I don`t like is the external headingsensor. They should have made it possible for the Ghost to simply use the Point-1 many of us already have in the network. At least they should have made it viewable across the network so that if you have the Ghost-sensor you would not need the Point-1 in adition.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    It connects to NMEA2000 much in the same way as the Xi5 but without the gateway. (Just a dropcable) At the time I was using the Ghost very few network-features where ready, basicly only "go to"-command was working but Lowrance said they would implement many of the same features as the Xi5 has but probably not the turn-patterns.

What I don`t like is the external headingsensor. They should have made it possible for the Ghost to simply use the Point-1 many of us already have in the network. At least they should have made it viewable across the network so that if you have the Ghost-sensor you would not need the Point-1 in adition.
    Well chit... climbing down off'a tha' bandwagon... I worked long n' hard to eliminate wiring across the bow/deck with the Xi5. It's pretty nutty that if I went to Garmin products I could use my Point 1 heading sensor but I can't use it with the Lowrance Ghost. Classic Lowrance solution I'm sad to say. Hopefully they'll add the necessary code to either the point or the trolling motor to allow the use of the point 1 as a heading sensor. Simply put - I have no interest in adding yet another Lowrance heading sensor to my network when I already have a perfectly good one now.

Did anyone happen to notice that at the MLF Redcrest Edwin Evers is actually using the Ghost in competition while Icaonellie is not. Ike is using the Ultrex.
    Last edited by yupitsme; 08-22-2019 at 05:00 AM.

13. Member
    Can Force use external headingsesnors? Good thinking there by G.

MK is in the same boat as MG and Lowrance here, you have to have double up with pucks. So pretty cool if Garmin got this working with a networkable-solution.

14. Member
    Mmmm.... maybe I was wr... wro........wrooooon.... incorrect. You can use the Point 1 with their MFD's. I don't know if that functionality includes the Force or not.

15. Banned
    Built in heading sensor on the MG, but videos sure are lacking. Almost makes me wonder if anyone is using one yet.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Built in heading sensor on the MG, but videos sure are lacking. Almost makes me wonder if anyone is using one yet.
    My Xi5 has built in heading sensor. I have a Point1 but the Xi5 does not use it. Don't know if there's a way to change which heading sensor the Xi5 uses. Don't really need to as the Xi5 does all it does well enough with what it has.

17. Member
    Both the Xi3 and the Xi5 have their headingsensors buildt-in, which has both pros and cons. (My Xi5 24V/80LBS dates back to 2015 so I have a few hours with it.) The pro is a clean deck and less cables outside the unit (doh) but there are cons as well. One is the risk of the other wires in the TM intereferring with the headingsensor. Anyone seen the Xi5 spin more than 3/4 of a round trying to orient itself? That is the headingsensor acting up.

I want the headingsensor to be external, but I don`t want it anywhere near my front deck, to much going on there. I woun`t loose much sleep over it though. :)

And just to clarify: Yes you can use a Point-1 with Garmins units (I do) but unless you also have a Lowrance/ Simrad/ B&G onboard you have to do the manual calibration. Which is not that hard at all and pretty well described in the manual. Since the Point-1 kicks Garmins Steady-Cast in the nuts technically at more or less the same price (here in Europe) I`m surprized not more G-boats run the Point-1.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 08-22-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typos

18. Banned
    My Xi5 has built in heading sensor. I have a Point1 but the Xi5 does not use it. Don't know if there's a way to change which heading sensor the Xi5 uses. Don't really need to as the Xi5 does all it does well enough with what it has.

Guess i should have been more specific. The new MG Tour Pro has the heading sensor built into the head assembly.

19. Member
    Nice video...

Now the discussion around the heading sensor and that you cannot use the point-1. How about using the heading sensor from the Ghost as a source on the HDS units? Anyone know if that will work?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yes. That’s the only answer you get for making fun of my drawing a week or so ago.

I have 1 real concern. Hydrilla...the lake I fish has it thick, like so thick that I can’t even turn my fortrex by standing on the pedal. I don’t think these electric steers are gonna work in it.

I have had no problem turning the head of my ultrex (I fish on Guntersville in the hydrilla and other grass mats) so I would think it would be the same, power steering. Problem is the naiad getting wrapped around the prop.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast