Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar

C-Map NC cards are in stock...available to ship

We have covered all pre-orders and now have extras in stock and ready to ship. PM if you are interested!

Thanks,
    Roy

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    If you run Lowrance equipment and don't have one of these map cards, you are truly missing out. Just ask anyone of the guys that picked up theirs in the last couple of weeks. We have 25 or so available at this point....call or PM if you have questions or would like to pick one up.

Thanks,
    Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    704-762-9066

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    These cards are absolutely amazing, especially if you setup the multi color features, having contours with that much detail allows the color feature to work awesome. I just spent 3 days on Badin with C-Map running right beside Navionics Platinum plus and the C-map has far better coverage and detail.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    I just posted a sample setup on these cards here:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....3#post10492003

We will be offering C-Map setup seminars at our training lab in Salisbury starting in Sept....details to be announced soon!

Roy
    Wacky Riggers

5. Member
    Will these only work on lowrance electronics?
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Is Chatuge on the NC or GA map card?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn8165 View Post
    Will these only work on lowrance electronics?
    Only Lowrance

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

8. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Is Chatuge on the NC or GA map card?
    It is on the card in standard definition (same as Navionics) but is not (and will not ever be) a scanned HD lake. Only the main tournament lakes in a state are being scanned. Consider if a lake cannot hold a pro level tournament or is a high profile fishery, it will not be scanned by the mapping team.

That does not prevent folks from using Genesis maps and building one however...
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    It is on the card in standard definition (same as Navionics) but is not (and will not ever be) a scanned HD lake. Only the main tournament lakes in a state are being scanned. Consider if a lake cannot hold a pro level tournament or is a high profile fishery, it will not be scanned by the mapping team.

That does not prevent folks from using Genesis maps and building one however...
    I do beg to differ. Chatuge hosted the BASS AOY event back in 2018 and has hosted a couple of national college championships prior to that as well. One of my friends does mapping for Humminbird and stayed in my condo for a while while he mapped the lake for the Humminbird guys prior to the AOY. What I have been told by others is the C-Maps were made from the original survey layouts before the lakes were impounded, hence their better accuracy. I have Navionics, so will stick with that for my Lowrance on Chatuge. Thanks.

10. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I do beg to differ. Chatuge hosted the BASS AOY event back in 2018 and has hosted a couple of national college championships prior to that as well. One of my friends does mapping for Humminbird and stayed in my condo for a while while he mapped the lake for the Humminbird guys prior to the AOY. What I have been told by others is the C-Maps were made from the original survey layouts before the lakes were impounded, hence their better accuracy. I have Navionics, so will stick with that for my Lowrance on Chatuge. Thanks.
    C-Map High Precision cards are focused on the main tournament lakes in a given state. Each card contains both high definition lakes as well as standard definition lakes. The HD lakes are made by boats on the water and the unscanned lakes contours are generated from the available topo data from various sources. This is EXACTLY the same as what HB/Lakemaster does.

Unless Lowrance has a vested interest in a given body of water (sponsorship of an event like a MLF series or another high profile event that they sponsor), you will only see the major tournament lakes on the card.

Having been involved with such scanning projects locally for MLF/Lowrance, I can assure you that this is the current approach. Will it change in the future? Who knows.... Right now C-Map is focused on the first pass through the states with major fishing activity (SE) and on the main lakes in those states.

While a lake like Chatuge may be chosen for a particular event for whatever reason (usually how much $$$ the state/local governments cough up), at best it would be a secondary lake which MAY be included on a future version of C-Map.

Who knows, they may consider it when they do GA...

Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    C-Map High Precision cards are focused on the main tournament lakes in a given state. Each card contains both high definition lakes as well as standard definition lakes. The HD lakes are made by boats on the water and the unscanned lakes contours are generated from the available topo data from various sources. This is EXACTLY the same as what HB/Lakemaster does.

Unless Lowrance has a vested interest in a given body of water (sponsorship of an event like a MLF series or another high profile event that they sponsor), you will only see the major tournament lakes on the card.

Having been involved with such scanning projects locally for MLF/Lowrance, I can assure you that this is the current approach. Will it change in the future? Who knows.... Right now C-Map is focused on the first pass through the states with major fishing activity (SE) and on the main lakes in those states.

While a lake like Chatuge may be chosen for a particular event for whatever reason (usually how much $$$ the state/local governments cough up), at best it would be a secondary lake which MAY be included on a future version of C-Map.

Who knows, they may consider it when they do GA...

Roy
    I love my cmap i got from you. Fyi, if they ever ask for your input on 2.0 version, either leave off some of the printed depth numbers or have a way to turn all off. There are just way too many depths being displayed at one time. Looks like it's covered in pepper. LoL.

12. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    I will certainly pass this on.

If you make it down to the Classic Expo next week in Birmingham, swing by the Lowrance booth and visit. I’ll be there with the C-Map team all weekend.
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service