Thread: Red Crest

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    What kind of frog was Zach Birge using?

Not for sure if that is what he is using but I saw at Icast that Googans had a frog coming out soon. He is sponsored by them.

2. Member
    I'm a fan of the BPT and the MLF before the Exodus from BASS, but I wish they'd get rid of the cups except for maybe one, and add more BPT events. It is kind of hard to keep track of.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Not for sure if that is what he is using but I saw at Icast that Googans had a frog coming out soon. He is sponsored by them.
    When asked, he said it was a DEPS

Quote Originally Posted by Bassbuster95 View Post
    When asked, he said it was a DEPS
    Yeah, some kind of Deps popping frog with a heavier weight in the belly than most frogs.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    Why the fight, I thought if the majority of the anglers wanted it, they would vote on it? Would that not be just like they voted down entry fee's?
    Well its the guys in Basscat, Skeeter, Phoenix and any other non BPS brand boat that are wanting the change, the Nitro, Ranger and Triton guys are already in BPS brands and you know the Nitro guys are content with the way it is and the other two probably aren't causing much a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    He had a Nitro jersey on too so he must have switched.
    That Johnny Morris money baby

6. Member
    This damn tour is more political than Washington DC!

Just fish!

I miss the simple days.

Go fish. Promote what works for you. Not what you are told to promote. This thing is more circus than Bass tournament.

7. Member
    I used to follow the elite guys...cant watch or follow the new red robin cup or whatever it has become. A total debacle from the the start.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    Is anyone watching it?
    I can't get it to stream on my computer.
    Does anyone really care or remotely understand this mess? its like watching the best elite sluggers of the past going from hitting bombs in the home run derby to now seeing how many bunts they can lay down. It is a cheapened format that will cause these greats to be replaced by guys that may not be as good or popular... but they will become the new faces that we want to see hitting bombs instead of bunts. I don't care who is paying the bills or who is drinking the Kool aid..... the majority of these guys wished they were fishing for five big ones in the elites on ESPN instead of bunting for dinks on a channel that very few even watch or care about. Sad....... "We make choices; Our choices make us"
    Last edited by Artdograt; 08-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.

9. Member
    This is their classic and there is a four page thread of confusion or disinterest after day one. I bet you this whole tour has major changes to format next season, or falls farther into oblivion. If you told me last year that this list of anglers would be fishing in a new championship this year and I wouldn’t even think to watch any of Day 1 I’d say you were crazy, but here we are.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artdograt View Post
    Does anyone really care or remotely understand this mess? its like watching the best elite sluggers of the past going from hitting bombs in the home run derby to now seeing how many bunts they can lay down. It is a cheapened format that will cause these greats to be replaced by guys that may not be as good or popular... but they will become the new faces that we want to see hitting bombs instead of bunts. I don't care who is paying the bills or who is drinking the Kool aid..... the majority of these guys wished they were fishing for five big ones in the elites on ESPN instead of bunting for dinks on a channel that very few even watch or care about. Sad....... "We make choices; Our choices make us"
    If the majority of them wanted to be fishing for best five on the Elites, they wouldn't have left. Thinking you know how they feel is assuming.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    This is their classic and there is a four page thread of confusion or disinterest after day one. I bet you this whole tour has major changes to format next season, or falls farther into oblivion. If you told me last year that this list of anglers would be fishing in a new championship this year and I wouldn’t even think to watch any of Day 1 I’d say you were crazy, but here we are.
    You are also assuming and wrong. Thee is a 4 page thread of guys picking the winner and a 2 page thread of guys wondering if Wheeler is still in it.

12. Member
    Oh man, a two page thread wondering if wheeler is in it? That’s not confusion? Yeah I saw those threads, but mlf discussion has gone from huge threads for the first event to almost nothing here after day one of their classic. Your delusional if you think this tour is being well received. Take a look at their Facebook posts and presence. Their event listing for the red crest fan activities has 280 people “interested”. Those are good numbers for a surprise birthday party, not a burgeoning enterprise.

13. Banned
    Truth be told, if us “haters” would quit posting about it, it would have next to zero post. There’s a thread about it on another forum and it has 6-7 post from the same 3 guys. But I hope they do change their format to something more exciting, gives me more to watch.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    If the majority of them wanted to be fishing for best five on the Elites, they wouldn't have left. Thinking you know how they feel is assuming.
    I am assuming this: I watched the BASSMASTER CLASSIC and The FLW CUP. I didn't even know the Red Crest or whatever it is was even this weekend until i saw it here. My assumption? They took all the household names and it is now this? Or should I say..... the top household names chose this. Last assumption is there is a TON of BUYER'S REMORSE.

How can you say that? Unless you know some of these anglers personally you have no idea and are guessing. My bet is when the show airs on tv these guys will get more exposure than they have ever had. Well see if it lasts.
    I am assuming this: I watched the BASSMASTER CLASSIC and The FLW CUP. I didn't even know the Red Crest or whatever it is was even this weekend until i saw it here. My assumption? They took all the household names and it is now this? Or should I say..... the top household names chose this. Last assumption is there is a TON of BUYER'S REMORSE.

16. Member
    Yeah will be sure exciting to see Birge catch 50 fish that a average barely 1.5lbs. If I wanted to watch a guy catch turds I’d buy a Gopro.

17. Banned
    I like and understand just fine. Most of my buddies do to

18. Banned
    The best thing all of the new formats now is me being able to get on here (internet not just BBC) and reading all of the bitching and moaning threads about which one sucks and which one is the best.

19. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    I like and understand just fine. Most of my buddies do to
    I like it also, there are a bunch more out there who do which skip these threads because it just turns into people making the same lame ass jokes, and complaints. Is it perfect in year one, of course not. No one with have a brain would think it would be. BASS had decades to do it, still failed to control a mass exodus.

The format is not rocket science, wonder how the people who claim not to be able to understand it walk and chew gum at the same time.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    Oh man, a two page thread wondering if wheeler is in it? That’s not confusion? Yeah I saw those threads, but mlf discussion has gone from huge threads for the first event to almost nothing here after day one of their classic. Your delusional if you think this tour is being well received. Take a look at their Facebook posts and presence. Their event listing for the red crest fan activities has 280 people “interested”. Those are good numbers for a surprise birthday party, not a burgeoning enterprise.
    Go back and look at the first 35 posts of this thread.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast