No side imaging but downscan works

I have a HDS 12 and HDS 9 Gen 2 both touch units. Side scan will not work on either unit Down scan works great. I am using LSS2 on HDS12 on back of boat and a HDI on trolling motor for the 9. Both units are connected with nema 2000 and ethernet cable. Is there a setting i am missing or ?. These are used but new to me units and not very familiar with them yet.
    Last edited by ehaws; 08-21-2019 at 09:16 AM.

2. Member
    You need to select the side scan/down source on where your side scan coming from. Where's which unit is your lss-2 plug in to
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

3. Member
    I have the LSS-2 plugged into HDS 12. When I hit view option and go to side all I get is the middle line. My source is the this unit. Even on my HDS 9 up front when i select HDS 12 source and select veiw side still nothing on front. All networked together with nmea and yellow network cable.

4. Member
    How far is the side imaging range set for? Have you tried changing the range?

5. Member
    I looked at it last night. HDS 12 was set to 600FT and the 9 was at 400ft. Changed both settings to like 30ft but have not been able to take to water to test. Think that was the issue? I did notice that on both units was using the lss-2 frequency's.

6. Member
    Ok. Took it out today but still no side imaging. Could it be the wrong transducer or maybe it is just bad? Any suggestions?

7. Member
    I’m experiencing the very same thing so hopefully if it’s figured out it will be shared here.

8. Member
    I,m in the same boat. Down scan works but no side scan

9. Member
    This issue still has be stumped! Any other suggestions?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ehhaws View Post
    This issue still has be stumped! Any other suggestions?

Do you have the “network sonar” option turned on? If you do, then it off and it should fix your problem.

11. Member
    Thank You I will check it out tonight.

12. Member
    I went home and checked "network Sonar" and found it turned on. Turned in off and would you believe it it WORKED!! I turned it off on my 9 and still did not work> Than I realized I only had the standard HDI transducer. DUH!!!. I know to get the side to work I need to change source to the HDS12. Thank you for your help. Now to just get it out on the water and try it!!!

13. Banned
    Yes sir, they were sharing the hdi transducer. Glad it was something simple.