Thread: Dentures

Banned

Dentures

Alright guys thinking I need dentures full set. Had issues all my life with teeth I’m 60 and just want to be done with them. Don’t want to spend a small fortune on implants. Are their any particular kind that are better than others?
    pros and cons ?
    J D

ttt

There is a place near me that does almost nothing but dentures. I used them several years ago and have sent a few friends and relatives to them, everyone has been very happy with the outcome. In my case, I dealt with years of breaking teeth and abscesses as a result of braces when I was a kid, constant mouth pain for about 20 years. At 40, I decided I had enough and got a full set of uppers and lowers. I spend 5 minutes a day cleaning/brushing my teeth and putting fresh adhesive in, but other than that they are easy to maintain and problem free. The first few months will be a challenge as you get used to them and work out the kinks such as tiny sharp points that poke you, etc. but once that is all taken care of, you'll really be glad you did it.

There are basically 3 levels: cheap, mid range, and expensive. From what my dentist told me, they are all about the same however the more expensive models have a better warranty against breaking etc. The one thing I would love to do one day is get the implants so that the lower teeth will lock into place so I never have to mess with adhesives again... but that can get expensive.

4. Member
    If you have the time see if you have a local dental school. Their prices are very reasonable and all the work that the students complete is checked and double checked.
    John the Garage Doorman

5. Member
    Going tomorrow to get mine done . Mine will lock onto four pins so no adhesive necessary . But it is a little pricey

6. Member
    I see you live in Texas shoot me an email my dad makes dentures in southern Oklahoma he's done it for 50 years.

7. Banned
    Guys appreciate the info just tired of dealing with bad teeth.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    May want to check out Affordable dentures, they are now doing implants. I went to my local dentist for an extraction on a cracked molar, asked him about implants, about fell out of the chair he told me it would be $27K! May also want to check Aspen Dental also.

9. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    One of the best decision I have made. I don't use any adhesives, normally. Occasionally I use Seabond wafer on the bottoms. It does take time to get used to them, so be patient.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

10. Member
    I'm a dentist so I know a little about this. My disclaimer is that I'm a pediatric dentist so I haven't done dentures since dental school. I'll agree with others that say to try to get something (implant or similar) for them to hook to especially on the bottom. The joke in dental school was that you tell patients that you'll charge them full price for their top denture and make the bottom for free so they can't complain about it, ha!

11. Member
    Bite the bullett get the all on 4 procedure

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    In my case, I dealt with years of breaking teeth and abscesses as a result of braces when I was a kid, constant mouth pain for about 20 years.
    I think what you meant was "as a result from not brushing my teeth good enough and drinking tons of coke when I had braces when I was a kid"...lol, just giving you a hard time! Moms are always trying to tell me how their braces caused this and that and I like to correct them and get a good laugh.

13. Member
    The first set I got they shoved in my mouth after all the teeth were extracted. They never fit right and I constantly used adhesive. I had a friend who had them and could eat an apple. I knew their was a better option. When that set first broke 5 years later I found a local denstist that specializes in dentures and the time he took to get them to line up, fit correctly and not move was invaluable. I never have to use adhesive and the top fit so well I sometimes have to really work to get them out. About a year ago they were starting to slip. I went back and had him do a reline and now they are back to fitting properly. I’m not really aware of anything I can’t eat. Seems like I paid just under 3k for them.

To to be able to open and close my mouth and the gaps between the front teeth line up perfectly is pretty nice.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    May want to check out Affordable dentures, they are now doing implants. I went to my local dentist for an extraction on a cracked molar, asked him about implants, about fell out of the chair he told me it would be $27K! May also want to check Aspen Dental also.
    I used affordable dentures when I had mine done. Went with there premium package. Which basically means you have more teeth choices (Color and size) and any repairs. Plus you get a reline in the first year and a new set after a year. (Gave me up to 18 months) used them way longer than I should have

Went and had a set made from a guy that specialized in dentures. Wish now at 5 years I'd spent the money to have that done. I can eat whatever I want now without problems.
    Thinking about having some mini implants now to hold lower.

15. Member
    I have dentures, but I just can't get myself to wear them enough to get used to them. It's not a matter of fit, exactly... it's the feeling that I have a 5 gallon bucket in my mouth. lol

16. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Springfield Missouri is Discount City for dentures. I know a few people who took the ride and saved enough for free trip... This was 10 years ago.. Google it.

17. Member
    So, would adding a couple carbide teeth for braid be a bad idea?

18. Member
    Nobody from Alabama can comment.

Looks like Arkansas knows the most.
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    Chemo got mine. Get the implants for them.

20. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Nobody from Alabama can comment.

Looks like Arkansas knows the most.
    This from somebody from Georgia ...................
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.