Lake Erie open tournament

Team Bass Extreme Mid Buckeye division will be hosting a open tournament Saturday 8-31-19 on Lake Erie out of the Shelby street boat ramp.
    6:30am to 3pm
    $100 entry fee, $10 side big bass pot

You can download the entry form from here.

http://www.teambassxtreme.com/Open-Events2011.html

Thanks
    Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

2. Banned
    is this bay only or is the lake open?

Quote Originally Posted by mepps_fisher View Post
    is this bay only or is the lake open?
    Lake is open!

Unless there is bad weather of course

Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

4. Member
    id plan on locking it into the bay........ENE at 14 on saturday.....she will be a rough one.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    How did this turn out? Winning weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Coppermushroom View Post
    How did this turn out? Winning weight?

We didn't get a turn out and I have the guys there their money back.
    Stout NNE wind made the lake and bay very rough.

Have a open at Alum Creek September 28

Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

7. Member
    Thanks Paul. We debated about coming up but the wind convinced us otherwise as well.

8. Member
    Didn’t help BASS Nation had open team event same day and same ramp

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    September/October is getting brutal, schedule-wise, at the more popular ramps on Erie. Nothing to be done about it other than voting with our feet. An inland lake with less potential for a big catch in the fall at least presents a chance to fish a pattern, rather than waiting in line to fish the same point that 20 other boats have fished. Doesn’t help that we have had a *lot* of NE wind for the past several weeks.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Same this weekend...Friday the college teams will be in Sandusky and then Saturday our youth teams will be at the same place.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    September/October is getting brutal, schedule-wise, at the more popular ramps on Erie. Nothing to be done about it other than voting with our feet. An inland lake with less potential for a big catch in the fall at least presents a chance to fish a pattern, rather than waiting in line to fish the same point that 20 other boats have fished. Doesn’t help that we have had a *lot* of NE wind for the past several weeks.
    This is why I try to get my Erie trip in around mid June before the tournaments start. I wasn’t able to get up there until the last weekend in June this year and there were a lot of tournaments and boats out there, especially in the harbors. Honestly I all but abandoned the harbors this year due to the crowding and lesser fish quality except for a couple breezy periods that weekend. It turned out to be the best trip I’ve had yet though for numbers of quality Smallmouth, probably my favorite bass fishing trip of all time so far. I had expected to see more tourney boats out on the lake but was pleasantly surprised that we had almost no company out there. Love that lake, I hope the bass population can stay healthy.