Going to Chick - Any words of wisdom

Coming to the Chick in a couple weeks. Been looking at maps etc. I have never been there, and will be staying in Dayton.

Any advice while there? It looks like the main channel is pretty well marked. When running, do you have to stay in this area or since it is at summer pool it pretty safe to do out of it? Can you run into creek channels or do you have to idle?

Any little bits of info of do's/do not's for there is appreciated.

Main channel is good. A good map chip will help out of the channel. Lot is safe, but not 100%, go slow until you are comfortable where you fish. Creeks can be on plane, no wake at Blue Water, 'bout 200 yds. Water was 85 today, some grass at lower end. Most of today's tourney catch was 15' or deeper, on the river.

3. Member
    As stated above, on the river channel, swings, humps. Use your electronics. Current is a plus.

4. Member
    I'd recommend the front and backside of main channel islands and humps for deeper fish. The matted grass around Dayton and in the sloughs will hold fish, but they move A LOT. You might fish all day and never find them, or have the best 2 hours of your life. Go into the sloughs and just listen...if you hear bowling balls being dropped into the water, GO THERE and toss the frog. The wind will tell the tale as far as where you should look.

Thanks for the Info! I will definitely be checking the electronics out. Hopefully I will at least catch a couple.