2016 Z20 troubles- HELP!!

Got a 2016 Z20 with 250 Verado Pro, twin 8' poles d-counsel. My trouble I this. When I'm planning out the boat leans badly to the passenger side. Badly.. This causes it to ride like crap and slam into waves on that side. And if I throw it into a turn to the left the boat practically tips over. The passenger might get his had wet if its on the side due to it leaning over that much. Once up on the pad it levels out and is fine. I can't figure it out. It started doing it about a year ago. I checked the motor and made sure it's straight on the jack. It is. Any thoughts?????

2. Member
    I have almost the exact same boat. Mine also leans left though not that bad. I took my poles and pumps off. It helped but did not fix it. I don’t know of a sure fire fix.

3. Member
    My previous boat, Z18, and my current boat, Z21, do this but not as drastically as you describe. . It seems to only be when running trimmed all the way down after hole shot. As soon as I bump the trim up the hull stops listing.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Start by examining your weight distribution. Batteries, including your battery charger as it weighs a fair amount, tackle and gear. I have struggled with lean to the right at slower speeds on all models... I mean I weigh 250+ im sure that is not it though :). I can resolve it always by moving weight. And of course trimming up always helps.

Heck on rough days by myself I use my passenger side livewell to help in certain conditions.

Batteries: I always move the batteries on any of my boats after I have driven it a few times. I shift batteries until I get the ride I want. This is the best bang for the buck.
    Soft plastics: I have learned to keep my soft plastics in the rear of the boat. Better lift and it helps offset my weight when I am alone. This also allow me to shift it from side to side if needed, if I get a large co angler like me.
    Prop & Pad height: I have noticed different attitudes when on slow plane with different props and pad heights. Also prop condition and type can have an effect.
    Lastly look at the hull for any defects.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team