New Tatula Elite Reel?

Has anyone had any experience with the new Tatula Elite reel? I’m interested in the claimed longer casting distance for topwater...

They cast incredibly well. Been playing around with them a bit and was really surprised. Already loved the castability of the Tatula platform but the Elites impressed me more. I love the paint scheme too. Sharp yet not too gaudy. Great reels. I am excited to try the Elite P&F soon as well.

Yes and yes. The first bait I cast on the new aluminum framed Tatula Elite was an EG Shower Blow, which casts great anyways, paired up with a new Daiwa BLX 74MHRB and it was impressive to say the least. I've thrown a bunch of other baits on the new Elite since then and if casting distance is something that's important, this reel is worthy of serious consideration. It's one of the longest casting with the least effort reels I've fished. We keep them in stock at The Tackle Trap and we always take care of our BBC customers. PM me or call the shop anytime!

4. Member
    I have spent 3-4 times on the water with one now. I was throwing a 1/2oz swimbait head and a 3.75" Keitech. I was able to really get some distance with this reel. I bought this reel specifically for covering water on Lake Erie. It's such a vast place that an extra 10-15 yards on a cast makes a HUGE difference. The reel is solid, smooth, and palms amazing. I thoroughly enjoy mine. Thanks Gary/Brian for getting me one the day you got them in stock!
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ugh! Another reel I want! Adding to the list...
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    I’ve been nothing short of impressed with the Tatula Elite reel thus far. It is much more solid feeling than the Tatula 100, mostly in part to the aluminum gear side plate. Casting is fun AND effortless with this reel. My first trip out I was throwing a 3/8 Jackhammer with a Zako trailer. Rod was a 7’3” MH Fast Tatula and I had it on 15# Invis-X. I was having to stop the spool everytime, as I was easily, yet unintentionally over throwing my target every time. It’s an awesome reel, and it’s fun to fish.

7. Member
    How does the Elite spool compare to the SV spool for light baits? Both the long cast and the flip/pitch (deep/shallow) versions?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    How does the Elite spool compare to the SV spool for light baits? Both the long cast and the flip/pitch (deep/shallow) versions?
    2 totally different animals. The SV is all about control, and the Elite is all about distance. 1/4 plus plastic is the lightest I’ve thrown, and it did it, but the SV does it better. I believe 3/8+ is best on the Elite. As for F/P model, we haven’t received one yet, so I’m unsure how it will stack up.

9. Member
    Those who have thrown the elite how do y’all think it will perform with a weightless swimbait such as the kitech or similar. I thisw those a lot but also will throw simjigs and oth stuff on the same rod. Would the elite still be a good choice
    Phillipians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeRoadBassn View Post
    2 totally different animals. The SV is all about control, and the Elite is all about distance. 1/4 plus plastic is the lightest I’ve thrown, and it did it, but the SV does it better. I believe 3/8+ is best on the Elite. As for F/P model, we haven’t received one yet, so I’m unsure how it will stack up.
    Please update us when you've handled one. :)

Very cool, should be another solid reel.