Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I was fortunate enough to have Lowrance units back when Linda Colt was still there. THAT was customer service..
    Linda was really good I had a few dealings with her and never had anything but praise to say for her.
    with my Birds I have an issue with one but its going to be replaced anyway and was on the boat when I got it so not sure whats going on. I have contacted Humminbird CS and they have said I can send it in to get it fixed but I already want to go to a bigger screen unit so not sure if ill mess with it or not.

A wise man told me one time that the only people that should run lowrance are the ones that get them free or very cheap.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=grout-scout;10478813]I don’t particularly care what a pro says, I go by my own real world experiences.

This works for me. If I were Lowrance, I would cancel his sponsorship and wish him well with his new company sponsorship.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post

This works for me. If I were Lowrance, I would cancel his sponsorship and wish him well with his new company sponsorship.

Yep, these guys are a dime a dozen.

For those of you that do ever have issues or can’t figure out your system, some of the smartest graph gurus in the world frequent the lowrance boards here.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob461 View Post
    4 units are great but 5 would be better lol. My brothers boat is currently rigged with HDS 12 and Solix 12 at the console. HDS 12 and the new Garmin live scope at the bow. Having the lowrance 2d and live scope up front is awesome but you lose the ability to go back to stuff you mark on the side imaging while graphing. Still searching for the perfect setup.
    Just curious, with all the money your brothers got wrapped up in electronics does he catch 20+ lb bags every time he's out? Has it increased his catch rate by say a multiple of 10? I know guys and see guys running $10k worth of electronics that can't use half the features on them and that can't catch fish in an aquarium. So much overkill

And for the record, since Linda left lowrance they simply suck at taking care of their customers.

6. Member
    Linda was not fired she resigned and Navico was trying to work with her. I couldn't find the post her son made back then but did find Navico's response. There were some other issues involved.

“Customer Service is the top priority for Navico and Linda Colt exemplifies what we want to achieve with our customer support. Linda has been a truly valued member of the Customer Service team and we did not wish to see her resign from Navico. We want to assure you that we have heard all of your inputs, and we appreciate all the passion that you have shown in this matter. We are continuing our discussions with Linda. Thanks for your time.â€

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post

For those of you that do ever have issues or can’t figure out your system, some of the smartest graph gurus in the world frequent the lowrance boards here.
    Say what you want but its not a good look for Lowrance when a guy like BLat gets the cold shoulder from them. He influences a crowd that spends money, not the get off my lawn crowd.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Say what you want but its not a good look for Lowrance when a guy like BLat gets the cold shoulder from them. He influences a crowd that spends money, not the get off my lawn crowd.

I agree that his comment was a poor decision. He should be let go from them and look for a new sponsor.

9. Member
    Really, a tour winner with a huge youtube following are a dime a dozen?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    What you say may be true, however if you are a paid salesmen you should take any problems you have to the top of the food chain. If i were the owners i would note your displeasure and deal with you one on one. If you chose to go the public complaint route i would not disparage you but you would also not be working for me any longer. You are a business owner and i doubt seriously you would keep an employee who had negative things to say about your company on social media. It is not professional. It's not going to change any minds but it apparently gives validation to the already "I hate Lowrance" crowd.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Lots of hungry up and comers out there.

12. Banned
    And notice how nobody is referencing his positive Lowrance comments....

13. Member
    Lots of hungry up and comers out there.

Now these are a dime a dozen.

I am sorry, but a minority tour winner with a large social media presence are not a dime a dozen. I hope he goes to humminbird personally.

14. Banned

Do you see what he did as a positive for Lowrance? No, it has only brought negativity.

15. Member
    Do you see what he did as a positive for Lowrance? No, it has only brought negativity.
    I would argue that Lowrance brought it upon themselves by not servicing his boat. Their product broke so it is my opinion that as a pro staff member the service team should have fixed it. That is my only gripe about this situation.

16. Banned

I am sorry, but a minority tour winner with a large social media presence are not a dime a dozen. I hope he goes to humminbird personally.

Ohhhh, it’s a racism thing now. Yeah I’m sure Hbird would have jumped right in changing out his transducer.

Now I will agree that there’s too much plastic on that mount.

17. Member
    Didn't watch the video but since Lowrance doesn't repair units, what would their function be but to swap out bad components?

18. Member
    Ohhhh, it’s a racism thing now.

What? That makes no sense.

If you want to go with that angle the correct BS post would have been, "Ohhhh, it's a race thing now."

19. Member

Don't understand how race plays into this. I don't make decisions for Lowrance but if race has to play into it and i was in charge he would be fired and i would go find some minority very good guides to represent my product. The average joe would have a much better chance to see my product in action than with a touring "Pro".

20. Banned
    What you say may be true, however if you are a paid salesmen you should take any problems you have to the top of the food chain. If i were the owners i would note your displeasure and deal with you one on one. If you chose to go the public complaint route i would not disparage you but you would also not be working for me any longer. You are a business owner and i doubt seriously you would keep an employee who had negative things to say about your company on social media. It is not professional. It's not going to change any minds but it apparently gives validation to the already "I hate Lowrance" crowd.
    Perhaps Lowrance could learn from their mistakes? His gripe was legitimate maybe his venue for expressing it wasn't. People don't change unless they are forced to in a lot of cases.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast